Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone's school not do mocks/pres?

Options
  • 25-02-2007 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

Is anyone that lucky/unfortunate, depending on which way you look at it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I would hope, for the sake of the students, that no schools don't facilitate exam students in sitting mock exams. It may cause some hassle for other classes but it really has to be done. [I can talk -- I've finished mine!]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I know some schools don't provide them for JC, was just wondering about LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I heard Belvedere don't. (Might be a huge lie)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

That's where I was thinking of. A friend who goes there told me, but I'm not sure if he's pulling my leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

theres a girls school in sligo that dont do them..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 muse0232

Our school does them any way id be really amazed if a school didnt do tehm though.wouldnt that be illegal?i go to st caimans in shannon if anyone cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

muse0232 wrote:
    wouldnt that be illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

it aint a state exam.......so no

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The pre's are exams provided by and prepared by private examining bodies such as the Dublin Examination Board (DEB). Schools are therefore not obliged or legally required to offer these exams to their students. However, they are generally accepted as being essential to students who have a lot to gain from them (seeing where they stand regarding subjects, managing their time correctly, sitting an exam under similar circumstances to the actual Leaving Cert). Therefore most schools do provide for mock examinations with the only exception that I can imagine being "Revision Schools" such as The Institute.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

Therefore most schools do provide for mock examinations with the only exception that I can imagine being "Revision Schools" such as The Institute.

You're speaking based on assumption it seems. The Institute most definitely provides students with the facility of doing mocks. Most people take them, but you can choose whether you want to or not; or just do certain subjects. They are over mid-term though, which does however mean you don't miss class.

As you know, there are a lot of people repeating in the Institute, so having compulsory mocks wouldn't be fair on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 watzdecraoc

emmmm well im in a grind skul and we didnt do 'mocks' but jus exams similar 2 those you get at xmas etc....doesnt affect most though because its continuous assestment anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

The grinds schools in Cork definitely do mocks anyway. It's a big risk not providing them for the students. My French teacher doesn't agree with them, says they put a lot of pressure on us at a time when we could be using to revise more, but I think they're beneficial

Advertisement