Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my greyhounds - pics

Options
  • 25-02-2007 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

In case anyone is thinking about adopting a retired racer, here's a few pics of my two for you - how could you say no! :D

2elwdhv.jpg
    34pb7rb.jpg
    45335h4.jpg
    300ehx1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

they are lovely animals seem to get on really well together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Lovely dogs - nice that you got two to keep each other company. They seem to have landed on their feet with you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Fair play to you Glowing, it's a pity more people can't see what beautiful pets greyhounds make :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I love greyhounds, my grandad used to breed and race them. They're so elegant. And its rubbish that they're "not safe with kids", I used to walk my grandad's best racer when I was 7 and she was great. There's also a misconception that they spend all day every day charging around at 40mph...they don't. They were bred for speed, not stamina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Hi Nala - you're dead right. They're also known as the '40 mile an hour couch potato'. The most difficult thing about taking these pics was trying to get them out of bed!

We've had Jake (the white one) nearly 2 years, and Ruby for over a year. The two of them have never shown any sign of agression or crankiness since we got them. They're very placid and affectionate, and would love nothing more than to snuggle up on the couch with you (if they were let!). I would happily trust them with children (although with all animals, never unsupervised) but cats are a different matter!

• Advertisement
Advertisement