Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Irish Coach announced

• 25-02-2007 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Phil Simmons, the former WI Test player and former Zimbabwe coach, has been announced as the new Irish coach, and will take over after the World Cup when Adi Birrell stands down.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/281572.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Simmons confirmed as new Irish coach

Cricinfo staff
    February 25, 2007
    Phil Simmons, the former West Indies allrounder, has been confirmed as Ireland's next coach and will take over from Adrian Birrell, who steps down after the World Cup.

His contract is for just over two years, up to the conclusion of the 2009 ICC Trophy, which is being held in the UAE in April 2009. Simmons played 26 Tests and 143 ODIs and was coach of Zimbabwe in 2004-05.

Ireland Cricket Union Chairman, Dr Murray Power, said: "We are delighted to have secured Phil's services. He has a proven record at Test level as both player and coach and we look forward to working with him to build on the team's recent successes and further narrow the performance gap between Ireland and our professional opponents."

Simmons, too, is excited by his new role: "I am very pleased to be joining the Irish Cricket Union and look forward to working with both players and administration. I'm sure I will able to continue the progress that Irish cricket has made over the past few years."

© Cricinfo

Advertisement