Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Honda Livery?

• 25-02-2007 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Mmm, I dont know whether I like this or not! Anyhoo, snazzy livery or not they're not looking too fast in pre season testing!!

1691172322138.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Well the official unveiling of the new car is tomorrow so we'll see whether that is the real livery or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

If you go to the website on the rear wing, it says launching Tuesday morning!

http://www.myearthdream.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

wasn't sure what the design was meant to be at first, from the side it looks interesting, but a little bit ugly overall, maybe on the track it will look better

http://world.honda.com/news/2007/c070226HondaF1/photo/index.html#4

i do like the idea of no advertising though *thumbs up*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Hmmm, looks a bit like a camouflaged woodland hunting animal of some sort. Its prey would want to be deaf mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

It looks like god threw up on it. I am massively disapointed being a Honda fan. All this save the earth nonsense does my head in, so hypocritical as well in a sport like F1. should have kept it black or classic white and red honda colours. Not only are we probably gonna be crap this season but we will actually look stupid doing it. Embarassing.

First thing my brother said when he saw it was "whose sponsoring you this season seaworld?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Babybing wrote:
    should have kept it black or classic white and red honda colours.
    They have got super aguri to do that

They have got super aguri to do that

They should of given the hippy livery to Super Aguri and keeping a proper livery for the main car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I think that looks very good :) . Although I think its a bit dissappoi8nting that they havent kept some semelance of the old colours. They must be loosing millions not having any sponsoring on their car!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

the idea apparently is for viewers to click on myearthdream.com and then pay through paypal to have their name on the car... like a government petition... a very fast government petition...... Look there's my name.... right next to the tiny screwhole!!

As far as I know you don't have to pay to put your name on the car, you just have to make a pledge to do something like no leave appliances on stand-by or walk short journeys. Your also asked to make a donation to multi million dollar corporation? but its optional.

I think that looks very good :) . Although I think its a bit dissappoi8nting that they havent kept some semelance of the old colours. They must be loosing millions not having any sponsoring on their car!!

Would have absolutely loved to see a plain all white car with just the red circle in the middle. That would have looked so great. Failing that the black testing colours also looked class. As it stands at the moment it just looks laughable.:mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Babybing wrote:
    Would have absolutely loved to see a plain all white car with just the red circle in the middle. That would have looked so great. Failing that the black testing colours also looked class. As it stands at the moment it just looks laughable.:mad:
    Flag of imperial Japan ftw.

Well, I like it. I think its a good idea and cool and different looking car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

As far as I know you don't have to pay to put your name on the car, you just have to make a pledge to do something like no leave appliances on stand-by or walk short journeys. Your also asked to make a donation to multi million dollar corporation? but its optional.
    The minimum pledge is £1GBP and the pay page looks incredibly dodgy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭TimG

Will the top ten cars in qualifying still do that stupid fuel burn thing this yr again. Honda and their save the world crap are taking the piss, if in F1 they still try to pointlessly burn fuel in as least a fuel efficient way possible during the top 10 shootout.

TimG wrote:
    Will the top ten cars in qualifying still do that stupid fuel burn thing this yr again. Honda and their save the world crap are taking the piss, if in F1 they still try to pointlessly burn fuel in as least a fuel efficient way possible during the top 10 shootout.

Ha ha I never even thought of that. Highlights how much of a joke the whole thing is. They are asking us to cycle to work instead of drive or turn off the water while we brush our teeth, the amount of fuel they burnt last year during quali just for credits could probably take me to and from work in my car for the next 1000 years. Again it is embarassing.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

well this whole "environmental impact of motorsport" is bull****. Apparently flying a jumbo to Australia uses more fuel than a year's worth of motorsport in Britain. Now it's generally accepted that blighty is one of the most ridiculously motorsport crazy places on the planet (F1 belt inaround Banbury for example) so the impact of a few cars burning fuel 17 times a year (plus testing) is dwarfed by the amount of fuel used to transport the cars around the globe. The only point in any environmental crap in f1 cars is so that developments made in such a field may, at some point, filter down to road cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭deadbloke

Another of Honda's dodgy marketing ploys. Isn't this one courtousy of the Spice Girls former manager? Just a cover up to hide their lack of title sponsership.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They are hoping to make even more millions from the idea that buying a new car from them will help save the planet
    Yeah, because Honda really don't want people to drive! :rolleyes:

Its all marketing bullcrap that will be sucked in by the masses. Buy a new hybrid car and save the planet - don't worry about the carbon footprint from making it!

Advertisement