Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

1080p TV with VGA input - best deal?

• 25-02-2007 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

anyone got any suggestions?

Would forgo the VGA socket and go with a Sharp, but the Xbox 360 only does 1080P over VGA it seems.

40/42 inch would be best....

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

The xbox does not do 1080p , just 720p and the best connection to use is the component in ( 3 x RCA ) and not the VGA which is a different animal altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

it does do 1080p (they allowed the 360 to this with one of their firmware updates), virtua tennis will be 1080p, not sure if any earlier games done 1080p though. And vga is meant to be better than component for the 360 as its sharper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

My mistake , didnt know about the firmware upgrade , however regarding VGA being better than component , not on my TV its not , the PC input VGA sucks big time , its rubbish for the PC and rubbish with everything else too.
    The component wipes the floor with it.

Most TV's label the VGA input as PC in , and some of them have a very funny idea of what makes for a good pc display. I guess it depends on the maker and the circuitry they put in there , Panasonics VGA connector is very poor and barely legible for pc input , DVI to HDMI is much better.

So try to get a look at the display from the VGA input before you buy would probably be the best advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well my experience is definitely the the opposite and I have found VGA always better than component video.

Native 1080p titles are rare on the Xbox 360 but it does scale the image to 1080p on those that are not.

VGA is the best option for the Xbox 360 at this time in terms of picture quality but there is a HDMI enabled version coming out next month which will take that place.

Sony Bravia 40" 1080p have excellent picture quality if you can afford it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

1080p stuff on my sharp is amazing from the PC. But xanthor is correct in saying you cant get 1080p from the sharp via VGA - only HDMI. Im holding out for this new black xbox 360 with hdmi support. But then again €629 is not a bad price for a bluray player which happens to include a PS3. Im broke at the moment so I dont have to make a decision till the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Spanky just got his XB360 a month ago. :(

Although my TV isn't a native 1080p so I suppose I'm ok anyway.

Advertisement