Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K610im & Opera Mini

• 25-02-2007 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have a K610im (the imode version from O2). I can't get Opera Mini to work on it. From the browser it's telling me it's an invalid file type.

Has anyone got it working successfully?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

ciaranfo wrote:
    I have a K610im (the imode version from O2). I can't get Opera Mini to work on it. From the browser it's telling me it's an invalid file type.

Has anyone got it working successfully?

Sorry, but ordinary Java applications are not going to work on this phone, since it's only compatible with DoJa (Docomo's own java implementation), not MIDP Java applications. This means that Opera Mini, AFT, GMail, etc will not work oni that or any imode phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

dont think it work with imode..totally different gprs system!
    the browserr maybe customised to stop java downloads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I thought there would be issues but assumed there might be some sort of workaround - I thought each manufacturer just installed "imode software" on top of their software.

No workarounds then? And would I be right in assuming that the normal K610i would still work fine then with such apps? It's only the imode version which "suffers"?

Thanks.

yup there's a work around..go to www.wotanserver.com and flash your phone with generic software.it costs ?7 only and its worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I use the imail functionality - it's free emails on my mobile! This would no longer work with generic firmware, but thanks for the suggestion.

• Advertisement

no bother..imode is handy i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

@ciaranfo
    The full details on what software it will run are on the Sony Ericsson developer site, but looks like you are out of luck alright
    http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/products/phonegallery/k610im/p_k610im.jsp

Advertisement