Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 Lexus IS-F - RS4 competitor ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Yes it will sell but it wonot really compete as lexus donot sell much high performance cars in ireland.But there will be afew sold because of the look. It looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Plus it's bound to be thirsty, doesn't say if it's a hybrid, though I suspect the Euro version will ultimately be a 6L hybrid in common with the LS or the 4.5 of the GS

The RS4 is 3.2 IIRC, some people might be put off by the much bigger engine.....do Audi sell many RS4s in Ireland anyway???

ninty9er wrote:
    Plus it's bound to be thirsty, doesn't say if it's a hybrid, though I suspect the Euro version will ultimately be a 6L hybrid in common with the LS or the 4.5 of the GS

The RS4 is 3.2 IIRC, some people might be put off by the much bigger engine.....do Audi sell many RS4s in Ireland anyway???
    Yeah i have seen afew different rs4's around and theres afew on carzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

RS4's are 4.2L V8's with superchargers...Not 3.2L.

Hj

HungryJoey wrote:

Hj

yeah you are right
    http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=588062

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seems to be only available with an 8 speed auto, no manual version which in Europe will be a big negative. You'd think with Toyota's involvement in F1 they could have easily developed an F1 type manual gearbox for it. I'm a fan of Lexus cars but personally I think they also need to ditch the "in your face" Altezza style body kit. A more subtle body kit would have been classier imo.

Will be interesting though to see how it performs on the road. Probably won't have the same kudos to some folks as the RS4 or M3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,394 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

We discussed this recently. It won't sell ;)

unkel wrote:
    We discussed this recently. It won't sell ;)

Yeah i donot think theres a market here for this type of a lexus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That looks the tits. Already persuaded the mother to get the 2.5, might have to go one step further!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

HungryJoey wrote:

Hj

That would actually be a 4.2L N/a - no boost needed for this audi - in common with all the best engines

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

HungryJoey wrote:

Hj

The RS4 is a 4.2l with NO supercharger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

That looks the business but those exhausts...NO! What does everyone else think? I think they are mank..

ninty9er wrote:

:rolleyes: Anyone in the market for a 5L V8 luxury super saloon isn't going to be worrying if its thirsty.

Mayshine wrote:
    That would actually be a 4.2L N/a - no boost needed for this audi - in common with all the best engines
    My appologies.. now I wonder why I thought it was supercharged :o Must be crossing it with a similar car...

Hj

HungryJoey wrote:
    My appologies.. now I wonder why I thought it was supercharged :o Must be crossing it with a similar car...

Hj

Monaro VXR 500 is the only similar kind of car I can think of!

6 Ltrs with a supercharger! According to Tog Gear mag it has so much torque it can spin its wheels in 5th gear :eek:

God knows! Maybe the E55 AMG..

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

bazz26 wrote:
    I think they also need to ditch the "in your face" Altezza style body kit. A more subtle body kit would have been classier imo.
    Yep it looks like a horrid joke; I though the M5 was bad enough but this really takes the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,394 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

HungryJoey wrote:
    I wonder why I thought it was supercharged :o Must be crossing it with a similar car...

Yes you must have been thinking of the 4.2 V8 supercharged engine used by Jaguar. Clarkson seems to get an orgasm anytime he mentions it ;)

Interesting to note that Audi get more power out of their 4.2 V8 in the RS4 (compared to the Jaguar engine) without the need for a supercharger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

unkel wrote:
    Interesting to note that Audi get more power out of their 4.2 V8 in the RS4 (compared to the Jaguar engine) without the need for a supercharger
    It doesn't matter what the Evil Germans can get out of their cars the Jag is clearly superior - it's British!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:

I think some of that might be down to the fact that I think the VAG 4.2 V8 petrol is a much lighter aluminium block first seen in the early 1990s A8. I think the heavier Jaguar V8 block has been knocking around since the late 1980s or earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

HungryJoey wrote:

Hj

The old RS4 was 2.7L twin-turbo

and the old RS6 was 4.2L twin-turbo

TBH, if i had 100K+ burning a hole in my pocket, it would be the RS4 because it
    looks the part a bit more understated than the Lexus, the lexus looks like the boys from "Pimp my ride" got their hands on it:)

Still the new M3 also looks good and would be on my short list of cars to test drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

ninty9er wrote:

13 sold in 2006 and already 11 sold in Jan and Feb this year.

Advertisement