Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Transformation Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You could create a System Restore point before you install it and just rollback if it doesn't work properly for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Yeah that's a good idea though I've never done a system restore or a roll back before...I guess it's easy enough??????

By the way, my system only has 256mb of RAM (can't get the other 256ram chip to be recognised by windows at all) and a 2.6ghz processor (celeron). Do you reckon it'd still run on it fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I advise not getting it! Try and look for another site that that just has the theme and not a whole pack!

I got the pack free in a cd with a computer magazine awhile back and it completely ruined all my icons on my computer when I tried to get rid of it!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is simple enough to do. System Restore is located under Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore. Now I had a few problems with it from what I can remember, it got rid of some of theme files on my computer including the default Windows XP one and some others.

Really? Crap. What is the difference between the transofrmation pack and a theme??? I thought they would be the same thing really....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

It didnt work for me when i downloaded it and i had problems when I tried to uninstall it, so i wouldnt recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Wouldn't touch it even with someone else's bargepole!

I found it buggy and unremarkable plus almost impossible to get rid of. Better off with Windowblinds or similar.

Only my experience mind you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭SeanW

I found a thing a while ago called "Vista Inspirat." Not using it ATM but I plan to because it looks a lot nicer.

It transforms the Windows UI very nicely, works well, and is relatively free of bugs. It's basically a souped-up Theme, so you can default back to the normal UI if you want or switch back and forth.

Clickly Linky

Though I don't know how well it will work with Internet Explorer 7 - the Inspirat modifications were great for IE6 but IE7 is much better appearancewise than IE6 with or without the mods.

Does it need a lot of RAM? I have only have a paltry 256mb to spare!

Is it easy enough to install? I have downloaded a windows vista theme for XP but there is no installer and I don't have a clue of how to install it...

All links I find to get this skin/theme are broken...I think Microsoft have pulled the plug on the themes..

• Advertisement

I put a link to the download in my last post.

Re how much RAM it needs I honestly don't know - but I imagine any XP reskinning would need resources.

I noticed no disimprovement in performance after installing this theme, but then again my computer would likely be of a higher spec that yours so one can't be sure.

And I can roll back to exactly what I had before by using system restore?

By the way, thanks for the link.

Yes, you can go down that route if you need to AFAIK, but you can also go to Display > Properties > Appearance > "Windows and Buttons" and from there chose which UI scheme, Vista will be there along with Windows XP Style and Windows Classical Style.

Have you seen how Windows Media Player is changed in it? It plays the music but a lot of the buttons do not work at all....

Sorted it - downloaded and installed WMP 11 again and its grand now.

Advertisement