Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pickled onion snacks?

• 26-02-2007 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

vote!

which is the best brand of pickled onion crisps? 37 votes

tayto's fives
    0% 0 votes
    monster munch
    2% 1 vote
    meanies
    13% 5 votes
    space raiders
    83% 31 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

where the hell are snaps?

they were the greatest.

failing that it's meanies for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

monster munch are like spicy tomato or something, definetly not pickled onion... meanies are in a class of their own though - they simply can't be beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

you can get Monster munch pickled onion too! think they're also available in Tomato sauce flavour but thats a whole other sick bucket! that was a tough poll, they're al fab!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ah, meanies - I once ate 15 packs in a row. My tongue felt like it has been vigourously rubbed with sandpaper for oh...about two days after.

thats hardcore!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tasukette

anyone care to offer reviews/comparisons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Archeron

Monster munch is the pickled onion snack of the white collar office worker. Normally used to accompany a roll and a can of diet coke.

Meanies on the other hand normally mean "I am drunk and a tad wobbly, and unable to make anything substantial to eat, so I will rip open a bag of meanies, spilling most of them on the floor and walking them into the carpet, and then I'll wake up in the morning wonderin why I smell like onion"

With that in mind, I still have to vote Monster Munch. Go Cyclops, Go!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Meanies, to me, are the "Oh, I just found 10p in my pocket!" crisps.

I hate pickled onion flavour though. Yuck. I bought a packet of Monster Munch once and it turned out they were pickled onion, not the usual flavour. It was an upsetting experience.

Archeron wrote:
    Monster munch is the pickled onion snack of the white collar office worker. Normally used to accompany a roll and a can of diet coke.

Meanies on the other hand normally mean "I am drunk and a tad wobbly, and unable to make anything substantial to eat, so I will rip open a bag of meanies, spilling most of them on the floor and walking them into the carpet, and then I'll wake up in the morning wonderin why I smell like onion"

With that in mind, I still have to vote Monster Munch. Go Cyclops, Go!!

ROFL!! brilliant..could not have put it better!

Fives spark memories of youth club discos where you had 1pound to spend all night and because they were only 5p they were deemed bargin of a liftime as you still had loads of money left over for Desperate Dan bars and Stingers!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

meanies!! without a doubt
    although i haven't had them in years...hmm think i may be popping into spar on my way home ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Banshee Bones are better than Meanies.

Arent Banshee Bones salt and vinegar?

They rule too though!:D

Ruu wrote:
    Banshee Bones are better than Meanies.

What is the connection between 10p crispy snacky treats and other worldly monsters anyway? Monster Munch, Banshee Bones, Mummy lips, space invaders. There must be some connection I cant see....

i think the connection here is: brits have no clue how to market to children and some 50 year old, convinced that scifi and horror are "wicked!!!", is responsible for designing crisps bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Archeron wrote:
    What is the connection between 10p crispy snacky treats and other worldly monsters anyway? Monster Munch, Banshee Bones, Mummy lips, space invaders. There must be some connection I cant see....

He knows too much, get 'em!

zombies_sf_6.jpg

Ruu wrote:
    He knows too much, get 'em!

LOL. I THOUGHT there was a higher than usual number of the undead outside today.

Ruu, are you insinuating that our corn based snack treats are actually small pieces that fall of shambling animated corpses? Because if you are, I >crunch< will have to reconsider >crunch< my purchases in future. >nyom nyom nyom, ooh an eyelid<

just had a bag of monster munch and frankly, they were disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

aren't they called mighty munch now?

I voted space ones, but snaps were the best by far. Walkers pickled onion aren't too bad and are actual crisp shaped which is fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

MEANIES MEANIES!!!

Monster munch are crap since they got rid of all the E numbers and called them mighty munch. They dont even taste remotely the same now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Meanies... out of the choices are the best. But I could eat Snaps for the rest of my living days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

:| wrote:
    aren't they called mighty munch now?

Tayto do Mighty Munch after they sold Monster Munch to Walkers who DESECRATED THEM! As they do with all crisp based snacks they excrete.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_Munch

Anyway, Megameanies ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i <3 meanies, perhaps i should take a trip to ye olde 24 hour Tesco

Advertisement