Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyromaniac fish

Options
  • 26-02-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭

I am still in shock. I have two goldfish in a huge Pyrex glass flask on my coffee table and whatever way the sunlight hit it yesterday it acted like a big magnifying glass and melted the TV remote into a blob of unrecognisable plastic and burned a hole through a Sony catalogue.

I could smell burning and couldn't find what was doing it until we went to turn on the telly and realised the remote was like a borgs head. I'm going to rename the fish Pinky and the Brain for their efforts...

'cptr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

You do realise that this thread is pointless without a pic ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

KTRIC wrote:
    You do realise that this thread is pointless without a pic ??
    You are so right! Pic of melty Mars-bar TV remote to come. In the meantime, this is a pic of the guilty party(s). If you see these two coming to your house carrying matches and petrol, run.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Best thread title ever.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Funny thread alright, but maybe it's not so funny for the fish themselves ...at least not according to what THESE PEOPLE have to say about goldfish bowls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

peasant wrote:
    Funny thread alright, but maybe it's not so funny for the fish themselves ...at least not according to what THESE PEOPLE have to say about goldfish bowls.
    Oh you can get Dutch people to say anything on the internet. That is not a bowl, it is a 20 Litre container and if you look closely you will see the air bubbler which aerates the water. If you look even closer you will see no trace of dirt, slime, algae or contamination and if you had eyes in the back of your head you would see the bottle of water conditioner, the 100 litre water reservoir and the very expensive fish food. If you lived in my house you would know that these fish are three months in that flask and only yesterday did they launch the attack which nearly wiped out my family, they seemed perfectly happy up to this. Any more insubbordination and I will send them to Holland, they should thank themselves lucky.

Can you imagine the embarrassment filling out the insurance form? Reason for total destruction of family home? Disgruntled carp...

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Can you imagine the embarrassment filling out the insurance form? Reason for total destruction of family home? Disgruntled carp...

'cptr

:D
    Maybe they getting even for being stuck in the bowl:eek: :eek:
    :D:D:D

Advertisement