Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrade-rc.com

Options
  • 26-02-2007 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Has anyone had any dealings with these guys before? www.upgrade-rc.com

I bought and €160 worth of stuff at the end of Jan. Paid for it via paypal and all was sorted, or so i thought! I got a mail 3 weeks later asking for another €30 for shipping. Even though their website had included shipping calculations into thte price.
    Now fair enough i wouldn't have minded paying that if they had of told me a couple of days after i put the order in.... but over 3 weeks!?!
    So i replied to their mail asking weather they had shipped it or not, and asking why i was not contacted sooner. I got no reply. So 4 or 5 days later i wrote an email asking for a refund. I promptly got a mail saying they would refund my paypal account.
    That was over a week ago and still no sign of the money. I've sent 3 emails askin whats going on and i've had no reply.
    They are a joke and a VERY amature company. I wouldn't recommend them in the slightest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Never used them ninimere, the only place outside of Ireland I have used is modelsport uk and I dont have any complaints, I was always happy with the service I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I just trust tower hobbies and so do most people that use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

i've used tower in the past and they are good. and the product i was looking for from tower i was able to buy slightly cheaper from the manufacturers (upgrade-rc) website, so thats why i went there... wont do that again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I also recommend modelsport.co.uk. They are a very repectable company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Id also recommend www.modelsinmotion.co.uk I have found them very good.
    If you put in an order with them, and it turns out an item is not in stock, they will send you all the other stuff on the order, and when the out of stock item comes in they will send you that without charging you extra postage. If you order stuff, you will have it within a few days.
    I have found modelsport good, but can be a bit slow to send you stuff. Most of the time they are excellent.
    Another crowd I have found good is http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/default.php
    They are really good for after market third party stuff that can be difficult to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I have a few stuff coming from tower, they should be here tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

nikimere wrote:
    Has anyone had any dealings with these guys before? ....upgrade-rc.com ..... still no sign of the money. I've sent 3 emails askin whats going on and i've had no reply.
    They are a joke and a VERY amature company. I wouldn't recommend them in the slightest.

Maybe thay are not amateurs - after all they have your money! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

If you paid with paypal and never recieved the stuff put a complaint in and get your money refunded asap by paypal dont wait for the refund, if it's now nearly 4 weeks you shouldnt have a problem , tell them you never got the goods and believe you where ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

I have seen their stuff browsing before!
    Hang on $30 for shipping stickers! must have been global express?
    Does that stuff even stay stuck on?

There are some nightmare companies out there that all exist in the ebay realm too! Not to tar all ebay sellers but some tactics like stalling you with emails as you have only about 2 weeks to leave feedback, then you cant leave negative feedback if you get conned!

Id like to reccomend www.jespares.com there service is second to none they must have a customer management sytem cos if you do order something they dont stock or something is outta stock they (personnally) email you as soon as its in stock! Great selection of spares etc and the cheapset in the UK they will match any UK price but never have to.
    Order Monday and get it thrusday all the time.

Stick local or at least if LHS dont stock your parts keep it in europe anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

There are some nightmare companies out there that all exist in the ebay realm too! Not to tar all ebay sellers but some tactics like stalling you with emails as you have only about 2 weeks to leave feedback, then you cant leave negative feedback if you get conned!

You can leave feedback months after you buy (or sell) stuff on ebay.

• Advertisement

Well i put in a complaint to Paypal, and 4 hours later i had a full refund! lol!!
    I have seen their stuff browsing before!
    Hang on $30 for shipping stickers! must have been global express?
    Does that stuff even stay stuck on?
    No they do a lot more than just stickers. I was buying 3 "pit mats".

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

I've one of their pit mats here.

It's a nice piece of kit.

MiCk B. :-)

really!? where did u buy it from? how much you end up paying in total for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

nikimere wrote:
    really!? where did u buy it from? how much you end up paying in total for it?

I got it from one of the lads in the club, (see sig.)

Think I paid €55 for it.

MiCk B. :-)

Advertisement