Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90si

Options
  • 26-02-2007 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Hi,

hopefully someone can help with this.

Just recently got a Triton T90si electric shower installed. Its working fine apart from the fact it constantly drips. non stop dripping. drip drip drip.... etc.

my partents have the same shower and theirs drips for about 5 mins when its used but this is just the hose emptying.

does anyone know how to stop mine dripping? its in the ensuite of the main bedroom and i can hear it dripping away all night. i'm losing sleep and starting to see little green people.... well that might be the drink more than the dripping :)

Cheers
    Nedd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

nedd wrote:
    Hi,

hopefully someone can help with this.

Just recently got a Triton T90si electric shower installed. Its working fine apart from the fact it constantly drips. non stop dripping. drip drip drip.... etc.

my partents have the same shower and theirs drips for about 5 mins when its used but this is just the hose emptying.

does anyone know how to stop mine dripping? its in the ensuite of the main bedroom and i can hear it dripping away all night. i'm losing sleep and starting to see little green people.... well that might be the drink more than the dripping :)

Cheers
    Nedd
    do you have a warranty? I imagine the solenoid valve is not closing properly. Part #16

http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/triton/T90SI%20Pumped%20Electric.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭nedd

only got the shower about a month ago in Chadwicks in Naas so i assume there is a warranty. you think i should get on to them about it?

theres no way of manually tightening the solenoid valve?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

You just need to contact the store where you bought it and they can put in a service call to Triton and a technician will call out to check it. I had a problem with the pressure from my Triton and they called out no problem.

Lastbuilders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

You should have 2 years warranty with that shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd the same problem with my old shower and the dripping was caused by dirt from the attic tank lodged in the main on/off valve. The dirt was plastic shavings from my recently installed attic tank. I just removed the valve and cleaned it out.

But if yours is under warranty then give them a call - they are in Maynooth 01 628 6711.

In the meantime, just hang the shower head down and against the wall so the water runs silently down the wall or else put a folded towel where the drips land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Doyou turn off the power after it's used? Not on the showe ritself but there should be a pull cord or a switch to isolate it. this shouldnt be left on when the shower isnt in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Had the same problem and it was fixed under gurantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

nedd wrote:
    only got the shower about a month ago in Chadwicks in Naas so i assume there is a warranty. you think i should get on to them about it?

theres no way of manually tightening the solenoid valve?
    Nedd,

dont think you can manually tighten them since they are electrically controlled. More likely the seal is gone or something has caused it not to seal properly like dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oconnor_aid

I have a Triton shower that when the power is turned off the water is still trickling out of the shower head. Only way to stop it is to turn off the house water! anyone help with this?

I have another shower the same that is in a batchroow but hasn't been used, how can I swap them around, is there a special tool to take the shower off the wall i.e. the water pipes?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 thor17

Hi, Sounds like you need a new valve, If you have to ask how to swap the showers around do not do it, electricity and water do not mix, or rather they mix very well and will kill you. check for spares here.
    http://www.theshowerdoctor.co.uk/

do not go near your shower unless you isolate the electrics at the fuse board and make sure nobody touches it while you work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement