Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What New Car???

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

ronoc wrote:
    Personaly I think Hyundai Coupes are just flashy cars.

A fur coat but no knickers of a car if there ever was one! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

JoeA3 wrote:
    you went for the 18"s in the end Whippet? Great choice!
    Just an hour ago I sat into my one - just off the transporter. Despite being very mucky, it looked greeeeaaat!! Picking it up later in week.
    Did you order the multi-function computer? Having just seen it in mine, it makes a great job of the dash, well worth the 80 odd.

joe, how old was your a3 when u traded it in? can i ask what kind of deal you got? pm if you like..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Davey, PM sent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    The car is just under €30k new in Germania, so it's a little pricey for €25k and 2 years old. Why anyone would drive such a car over here and then sell it is beyond me.

http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/pro..._pricelist.pdf

One of the reasons why this car costs so much less (and don't say VRT, I know thats obviously a reason:) ) in Germany is because they give you nothing at all as standard. The Z4 2.0i doesn't have air-con(we get climate control), trip computer, front fogs,electric roof(only the 3.0 si has it in Germany) over there. These are standard here. The basic point I'm trying to make is that while BMWs on the continent do seem very cheap by comparison, its not just because of VRT; its also because some of the essentials are left out to bring the price down. Therefore while it may appear that the owner is losing out on a mere €5k, he or she would have paid well more than the €30k new(and obviously the cost of VRT here).
    As for why anyone might bring it over and sell it, well thats a good question, I wonder that too.

Advertisement