Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Mirror - condensation

Options
  • 26-02-2007 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi, probably a stupid question but is there any miracle solution
    to a build up of condensation on the mirror in a small bathroom?

I tried leaving the door open and fan on but no joy.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

If you have a light over the mirror leave it on?It works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The best solution is to get a heated mirror - it's also the most expensive solution too :(

If you can arrange to draught warm air over the mirror it may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Cool, I'll try the light above the mirror first (slightly cheaper :-))

Thanks for your help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Rub a bit of shampoo into the glass. It'll clear the condensation but makes the missus a bit frosty:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BlueSky

When our electrician was doing a few other jobs, we got him to replace the extractor fan in the bathroom with a more powerful model. I can't remember exact prices, but it wasn't very expensive at all. It might be worth trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I remember hearing somewhere that shaving gell on the mirror and rubbing it off afterwards will solve it, probably the same idea as the shampoo. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Ventilation is really the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

BostonB wrote:
    Ventilation is really the problem.
    It can't always be avoided, the room will get warmer and more humid when the shower is on. As it cool it will condense on cold surfaces, you can get mirrors that have a covering on the glass that keeps then warmer and this should mean that the condensation will affect taps instead. Dunno how well they work in practice

Advertisement