Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Move from O2

• 26-02-2007 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Coming to the end of my contract with O2. Currently on Active Life 250 (€50).
    Am thinking of moving networks.

The Meteor Talk 300 looks very good. Free voice mail. Free calls/text to Meteor numbers. 300 free mins included.

Can someone confirm that if I purchase the 5c text add-on (150 for €7.50), then my "free texts" to Meteor numbers are actually deducted from my Add-on bundle?

Thanks
    ambrose :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

I don't know but

Before you move to Meteor, look for the threads about Roaming with their network. They don't half make it difficult

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

lfc1892 wrote:
    I don't know but

Before you move to Meteor, look for the threads about Roaming with their network. They don't half make it difficult
    on prepay you have to top up by 60 euro and give credit card details. on bill, if you want roaming immediately you have to give an advance payment of 60 which comes off your bills. i'm fairly sure they'll activate it for free after 3 months

@ the op, i don't know. ring them and ask on 1905

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

on prepay you have to top up by 60 euro and give credit card details.

For some countries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

BuffyBot wrote:
    For some countries

I believe it applys for all roaming

I believe it applys for all roaming
    no he's right. england, france, spain and a few others don't require the 60 top up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

no he's right. england, france, spain and a few others don't require the 60 top up

My Mistake :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Before you leave O2 why don't you ask if they can do anything to improve your package?? You might even get 20% extra for renewing, it's worth a shot anyway.
    Check http://www.callcosts.ie & enter your call/phone use behaviour. It will give you an unbiased comparison.
    You should be able to squeeze a bit extra free out of the networks if you haggle, e.g a text bundle, extra minutes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Before you leave O2 why don't you ask if they can do anything to improve your package?? You might even get 20% extra for renewing, it's worth a shot anyway.
    Check http://www.callcosts.ie & enter your call/phone use behaviour. It will give you an unbiased comparison.
    You should be able to squeeze a bit extra free out of the networks if you haggle, e.g a text bundle, extra minutes etc.
    25% extra mins when you upgrade I think is their latest offer on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Well after speaking with four customer service reps on 1905. Two have told me that yes my Meteor texts will be deducted from the add-on, while two have told me that they won't!

Few reasons for changing from O2. Lack of free calls/texts to O2 numbers, charged for listening to voicemail (now the only operator to do so), website/text issues and call/text costs are generally higher outside my inclusive minutes.

Edit: T'is a pity inclusive minutes aren't carried forward.

Few reasons for changing from O2. Lack of free calls/texts to O2 numbers, charged for listening to voicemail (now the only operator to do so),
    except for 3 bill pay. only their prepay customers get free voicemail

• Advertisement

I stand corrected CV. 3Pay customers get charged for listening to voicemail. Bit silly really, charging your bill pay customers for voicemail and not their pre-pay customers.

One other issue. WTF is with the O2 website constantly asking me to change my password. I must be asked every fecking 2 weeks?!

I stand corrected CV. 3Pay customers get charged for listening to voicemail. Bit silly really, charging your bill pay customers for voicemail and not their pre-pay customers.

One other issue. WTF is with the O2 website constantly asking me to change my password. I must be asked every fecking 2 weeks?!
    could well be an anti AFT measure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

With O2, Inclusive minutes and texts CAN be carried forward, up to a maximum of a full months allocation.

Free voicemail. How much time do you spend on 171 a month? I can assure you it adds up to very little and costs a lot less than you think (especially with per second billing).

lfc1892 wrote:
    With O2, Inclusive minutes and texts CAN be carried forward, up to a maximum of a full months allocation.
    i think he was talking about meteor. i almost posted this too til i read it again :)
    lfc1892 wrote:
    Free voicemail. How much time do you spend on 171 a month? I can assure you it adds up to very little and costs a lot less than you think (especially with per second billing).
    but then the point is its really scabby not to have free voicemail, especially when the rest of them do (except 3 but the less said about them the better).

15c a minute for voicemail was enough for me to disable it. if someone can't get through to me i'll get a missed call. if they're on private then tough luck

As CV says.

Also if voicemail was free I'd actually use it.

EDIT: I see all 3 customers now have free voicemail (new tariffs).

Advertisement