Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Java and Three

• 26-02-2007 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Around three years ago, when the three network first came out, I bought a phone (NEC e636 or something like that) on a pay as you go with them.

The phone was POS and they were expensive, it cost me £25 for 200 txts when with O2 i was getting 300 txts for £10. So eventually I moved back to O2.

The one thing that irritated me about the phone was that I could not put my own java MIDlets on the phone, only ones purchased through their online store. Whiched annoyed the heck out of me. Why should I pay £10 for something I could get free elsewhere? I also developed java MIDlets and so was stuck!

My question is simply... do they still do this? I am looking at getting a SE K610i with them. The reason I am considering them now is that they now do a better deal than O2 (600 txts for £15).

If they still lock you down, is there any way to flash the firmware with a different, non locked version?

Andrew

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can put java programs on the phones but nothing that tries to go on the internet because 3 has that blocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Aye, like Commander Vimes says, 3 have a "walled garden", meaning you cannot access the internet, only 3's own content and some selected sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 andrewm1986

ANy way to get around this? Not a big issue. Just curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ANy way to get around this? Not a big issue. Just curious
    nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Well, once X-series becomes available, you'll be able to get access to the full internet for an additional monthly fee.

From what I know, and that isn't much, it will cost twice as much as in the UK, and launch in April.

• Advertisement
Advertisement