Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recieved Summons - what to do

Options
  • 26-02-2007 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

OK recieved a summons Yesterday, regarding a motoring incident last May, I was stopped at a normal checkpoint and as my NCT cert wasn't displayed I was asked to produce this whitin 10 days at my local station,
    OK firstly I was stopped in Donegal, I told the garda that I would produce in my local Dublin station which I did, I have now got a summons to appear in Letterkenny Court to answer to "failure to produce NCT cert",

OK how do I procede with this, I no longer have the vehicle in question so I can't show a valid NCT for it, Do I have to travel to Letterkeny to answer this, How can I prove that I handed in the Cert at my local garda station??

advice please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I presume your local station would have a record that you produced the NCT cert there? Ring them and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I have heard of a similar incident (it was to produce insurance)

Make sure that you speak to whoever you showed your NCT cert to, and get a recipt if possible. You will have to attend the court and explain that you did disclose.

If the guard that you produced says not to worry about it and offers to speak to letterkenny station .. don't take his word for it. A friend of mine was in a similar situation.

Guard X didn't communicate with Guard Y, guard Y issued summons. Guard X told him not to worry, he will sort all with Guard Y, and the summons will be revoked (or something like that). Bloke goes to sales conference in UK around time of the scheduled court appearance. Guard X & Y never spoke, and judge convicts him in his absence, handing out a hefty fine and 12 month ban.

It took over 6 weeks, a fortune in solicitors fees and a lot of hassle to get licence back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Wick la

whippet wrote:
    Make sure that you speak to whoever you showed your NCT cert to, and get a recipt if possible. You will have to attend the court and explain that you did disclose.

If the guard that you produced says not to worry about it and offers to speak to letterkenny station .. don't take his word for it. A friend of mine was in a similar situation.

Jeysus I wouldn't know what Guard I dealt with nearly a year ago, does anyone know if they hold records of this,

Also what way will the fact that I no longer own this car effect this if it goes to court.

Advertisement