Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity cycle preparation

Options
  • 26-02-2007 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

hey all,

I'm lookin for advice from everyone but particularly anyone who has done a long-distance cycle like this before.

The details are me and my friend are planning a cycle around Ireland to raise money for the Irish Cancer Society. We're working out the route but its looking like it will take 2 1/2 weeks (including 2 or 3 break days) at about 80kms a day. Due to college and work commitments, the departure date will most likely be the start of June.

I'm looking for general advice but I do have some particular questions:
    1. We're looking for a sponsor to cover our expenses (food, accomodation etc) rather than take this money out of our fund from donations. What type of places do ya think would be willing to sponsor us? We do have a few 'connections' in big companies but do ya think bike shops, pubs would be willing to put money towards us?

2. Does anyone know places who make up customised cycle jersies or t-shirts so we could put the name of our sponsors on them?

3. Do people know how hard it is to get a Garda license to fundraise? we're plannin on goin around shaking buckets but do we need a license to every time we do this or can we get a general license for a particular time period?

I'm open to all criticism, compliments, advise and ideas so thanks for reading and do write back if there's anything you think might help!

Snap

Comments

Advertisement