Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C2D micro-ATX boards

Options
  • 26-02-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and gals,

Now sold all my projects, bits and bobs, odds and ends, and my office/den is now barren and deserted save for my desktop and my laptop (and a spare 19" HP P930 CRT - anyone want one? :D )

I'm now "allowed" (by the Mrs :o ) to "have only one" (project/hobby/...).So I may as well upgrade my rig in readiness for Vista, QW etc.

Thing is, I'm thinking of keeping the case, the multicard reader (@ front, under flap, can't see it on the linkie'd page), and the optical/magnetic drives (1xFDD, 1x DVD-RW, 1xDVD) and ditch the mobo (K8N S754) cpu (A64 3000+) ram (1GB PC2700) graphics (9800XT), and buy an enclosure for the nearly new 200GB IDE.

Which means a micro-ATX core 2 duo mobo, C2D cpu, DDR2 ram, Sata HDD and probably a 8800-something for (some) future proofing.

Any issues with doing that, anyone used one of these on here yet...?

Should I just flog the entire box on Adverts.ie and start from scratch?

Pros and cons, please, for a decidedly undecided chap :)

Comments

Advertisement