Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission EOT

Options
  • 26-02-2007 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

We were due to get the first decision on our planning permission last Friday. Now I checked online and none of the letters for the housing need appeared on our planning application, yet they were visible on others. My engineer called me to say that the planning office were going to deny the application even though they had the housing need letters and he had to request an EOT on the application.

Is this possible or does it sound like the engineer messed up and didnt submit the Housing Need letters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If the letters dont show up online it doesn't necessarily mean that they are not on the hard copy of your file. What your query really is - who do you believe - the planning dept. or your engineer.

Phone the planning dept. or better still go in person and ask to see your file. Either way you will be able to ascertain the date the letters were received.

Just to clarify for anyone who is not familiar with planning jargon - EOT = extension of time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

muffler wrote:
    If the letters dont show up online it doesn't necessarily mean that they are not on the hard copy of your file. What your query really is - who do you believe - the planning dept. or your engineer.

Phone the planning dept. or better still go in person and ask to see your file. Either way you will be able to ascertain the date the letters were received.

Just to clarify for anyone who is not familiar with planning jargon - EOT = extension of time

Cheers muffler. Might call in and see the application. My engineer is a dead sound guy but had some personal problems lately so it might have something to do with that aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Echelle

An Extension of Time is needded when construction has started and would not be finished befire the epiry of the 5 year period since the permission was granted.Substantial works would have to be completed before an EOT is granted.
    I feel in your case you must be referring to a Request for Additional Information , which must be submitted within the statuory time.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Echelle wrote:
    An Extension of Time is needded when construction has started and would not be finished befire the epiry of the 5 year period since the permission was granted.Substantial works would have to be completed before an EOT is granted.
    I feel in your case you must be referring to a Request for Additional Information , which must be submitted within the statuory time.
    Half right with that.

What you are saying about looking for more time to complete the development is commonly referred to as an extension of the original permission. What the OP is referring to is a request to the Planning Authority that they defer making a decision on his application for a certain period of time (Max. 6 months). This is known as an EOT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

muffler wrote:
    Half right with that.

What you are saying about looking for more time to complete the development is commonly referred to as an extension of the original permission. What the OP is referring to is a request to the Planning Authority that they defer making a decision on his application for a certain period of time (Max. 6 months). This is known as an EOT

Exactly, it's down as an Extension Of Time and we have 3 months added to the original deadline. Our decision was due a day before the EOT was sent in so will they still send out the letter stating what we need to complete the permission, more housing need letters, changes to the house design, site, etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Usually an extension of time is need to rectify any problems as the council are going to refuse the application for some reason(s)

Advertisement