Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Immobiliser and Alarm

Options
  • 26-02-2007 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone could help me. There is an immobiliser alarm fitted to my car, but it was fitted by the first owner. The immobiliser alarm is one of those ones that wasn't fitted by the manufacturer. I don't have the immobiliser key, and I have just one key fob. Is it possible to get a spare key fob, and/or an immobiliser key. The original owner cannot be contacted so I had no luck there. Has anyone got any ideas??

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

WHat type of alarm is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

The brand is "Flashpoint"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gambolleruk

I have a sikura alarm fitted to my ford focus (unfortunately). I recently had a flat tyre and replaced the wheel and since I did that I can't get the car started. I never really used the alarm fitted by previous owner etc. Only one alarm fob and no on/off key. When I switch ignition to pos 1 I hear a little whirl (like an electric radio aerial- which the car doesn't have) The alarm interior led flashes red on/off. In pos 2 the dials go crazy the hazards flash.

Any thoughts appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

I have a sikura alarm fitted to my ford focus (unfortunately). I recently had a flat tyre and replaced the wheel and since I did that I can't get the car started. I never really used the alarm fitted by previous owner etc. Only one alarm fob and no on/off key. When I switch ignition to pos 1 I hear a little whirl (like an electric radio aerial- which the car doesn't have) The alarm interior led flashes red on/off. In pos 2 the dials go crazy the hazards flash.

Any thoughts appreciated
    I am in a similiar predicament, last owner put in a none ford alarm into a ford car and causes havoc with my indicators in cold and damp, it blue the hazard button twice now and it is currently in the garage to get the second blue repaired. So I have asked them to bypass the alarm and repair fault. I hope that will stop it from happening again. Presuming it is the alarm causing the indicators to play up as they flash when the alarm is activated as usual but lately the alarm has sounded with error beeps when I try to turn it on and off in the damp and cold.

So I would suggest removing or bypassing to test it for being the root cause.

Fingers crossed it only blew a switch or fuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gambolleruk

Thanks for that mate. Gonna have to wait til Saturday morning to have a look at it. Luckily I don't need the car for work

• Advertisement

Well back where I started, they replaced the hazard switch on the dash and all works again but it was cold and damp the other morning and the right indicator wouldn't work again so had to use hand signals to allow the engine warm up and dry out any dampness, and it started working again once I did this, so I sprayed WD 40 around all contacts and alarm, I will have to tape up connections if it continues and spray even more. WD 40 repels moisture, not sure for how long probably a month or so depending on weather conditions so with the weather improvign supposedly :) I should be okay for the best part of another year untill I buy a new car in a year or two or even three all going well.

The mechanics would not disconnect the alarm or even try to diagnose the issue, instead they took the easy route and did a quick fix but were more than capable of charging me 90Euro. So to get it properly fix I will have to go elsewhere as there must be easier work for the garage than checking wiring or disconnecting and alarm which by its nature would be tricky, annoying, charge high prices while they choose the type of work they do or even take in. He mentioned an auto electrician which sounds expensive, thus the WD40 unless anyone has another suggestion of where to start to check things or where to go. Or how much work there is to by passing/disconnecting an alarm to rule it out of the equation it is linked in with the indicators and central locking and the motion sensors in the car cabin etc. I wonder could there be a connection in the car exposed that I could check as yesterday when I was spraying all the connections there was one putting up and is at the windscreen side just under the rubber seal of the bonnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Can you remove the alarm? I removed one a few years ago, as long as your take you time you should be ok.

Other than that, I had a problem with my Wifes old Focus and the indicators, the wiring to the indicator on both sides was very poor. I needed to re-wire it back to a dry spot.

Thanks, I think I will do as you say and check the indicator connections. Then if that does not work the alarm is coming out a little messier though. Any idea where to get the cheapest Haynes car repair manuals?

Advertisement