Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cinema in Kilkenny

• 26-02-2007 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

Well, The Departed won some Oscars last night and, unless my memory's failing me (which it could be!), this film was never shown in the cinema in Kilkenny.

It's ridiculous how many good films never get shown here, though if you're a teenager wanting to watch poxy tat starring Rob Schneider or the Wayans brothers, you can bet their cinematic masterpieces will make it to Kilkenny.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'm sure once the bigger cinema opens it'll be fine :)

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

allie_e17 wrote:
    Well, The Departed won some Oscars last night and, unless my memory's failing me (which it could be!), this film was never shown in the cinema in Kilkenny.

It's ridiculous how many good films never get shown here, though if you're a teenager wanting to watch poxy tat starring Rob Schneider or the Wayans brothers, you can bet their cinematic masterpieces will make it to Kilkenny.

Completely agree.
    BTW we are/were meant to get a new Multiplex cinema in the new Citymart development (www.citymart.ie) but this has been dropped from Phase I of the plans thanks to the nanny-state interference of Kilkenny Borough Council:rolleyes: . They said that the Phase I was basically too big/high and that it had to be scaled back. And this from the same local authority that allowed in conjunction with KK county council those flats on the Callan road entrance that now block the nice view we once had of Mary's Cathedral.
    I hope the plans for the second cinema aren't dropped from the citymart plan now altogether.I'm sure the present cineam was keen to hold it's monopoly and as such more than likely maderepresentations to the Council over same.

The same Borough Council that has blocked retailers like Aldi etc setting up here at every attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Business as usual at the council then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Tehy make a balls of everything they do. they should all be fired and hire us instead. *gets coat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

...but only if they pay us well ;)

Kilkenny's only big enough to sustain one cinema anyway. Other towns of a similar size have just the one cineplex. The only difference is, most of them have six or eight screens and offer a much better choice of films.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

It's not the cinema's fault in fairness, it's what their given. I know for a fact
    that The Departed and other films were fought for tooth and nail, but again
    lost out to bigger Ciniplexs.

No,I don't work there but i know the staff well.:)

I'm sure when the new1 opens they will have a better chance of getting films

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Weren't most of the cinemas in Ireland supposed to have switched to digital projection about 2 years ago? That'd make this crap redundant.

Advertisement