Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL - some sites not loading?

Options
  • 26-02-2007 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

I seem to have a problem loading some sites while at home. I've been trying to go onto the Bellagio website (as in the hotel in Vegas) - bellagio.com for well over a week now and it never loads up .... it loads up fine in work though.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I have the same problem, can't get into any of the Las Vegas hotel websites. but can from work.
    I haven't looked into the problem since i can access from work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yep that site wont load up.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ct_roy

yip - i'm NTL aswell and can't see it either

you could try going through a public proxy and see if that works

very strange indeed

perhaps you could call NTL support and they'll sort it out for you in no time at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

Is anyone else having problems with blogspot sites?

e.g http://arseendofireland.blogspot.com/

I can't see any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

BT BB down also - Eircom must be tooling around with the exchanges. It's been on / off for over a fortnight so far.

Jeez, wouldn't ya think maintenance / repairs should probably take a day MAX.

I wonder if Eircom BB customers are getting the same treatment? doubtful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

sticker wrote:
    BT BB down also - Eircom must be tooling around with the exchanges. It's been on / off for over a fortnight so far.

Totally different network so the problems aren't related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

Is anyone else having problems with blogspot sites?

e.g http://arseendofireland.blogspot.com/

I can't see any of them.

Further to this I can get to the blogger home page but not one of the blogspot blogs will load for me.

This is like the problems with some of the image sites in that the main domain worked by any of the images were not available.

I started a thread about this earlier - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055038356&referrerid=&highlight=ntl+not+loading+some+sites

I've tried using OpenDNS in my computer's config and also in the router but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Noelie wrote:
    Totally different network so the problems aren't related.

If multiple networks are having DNS problems and we ALL use Eircom exchanges, wouldn't these problems be related?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

sticker wrote:
    If multiple networks are having DNS problems and we ALL use Eircom exchanges, wouldn't these problems be related?
    NTL use the cable co-ax network and BT use Eircom's phone network. Unrelated problems, unrelated networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

sticker wrote:

NTL do not use the Eircom network at all. They have their own cable network.

• Advertisement

paulm17781 wrote:
    NTL do not use the Eircom network at all. They have their own cable network.

Apologies. That I didn't know...

Advertisement