Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peter Petrelli: Theories [Spoilers...newcomers plz read]

• 26-02-2007 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,181 ✭✭✭✭

Okay I assume anyone that reads this will have watched the pilot and the 2nd episode. dont worry, I won't spoil anything for you if you don't highlight the voodoo stuff :D

I do have a little homework assignment for all of you though, if you're interested. We all saw
    Peter Fly[/rspoiler]right? Well, I was hoping you would keep tabs on this, because as it is uncovered a little bit later he
    can use the powers of anyone he comes in proximity with.

My theory:
    Peter requires direct physical contact with someone before he can mimick a power.

So I'm asking viewers to keep an eye out to see
    Who Peter interacts with and how

As far as I can recall, this is the tally:
    Nathan Petrelli: Flight; via touch (Nathan saves him while flying..duh)

Isaac Mendez: Precognition; unverified

anyone really wanting to find out stuff themselves stop reading here.
    Hiro: Time Manipulation; touch (unverified; suspected shoulder touch)

Eden: Persuasion; touch (unverified)

Claire Bennet: Tissue regeneration; touch (running from Sylar: Peter pushed her)

Sylar: Telekenisis (at least*); touch (falling from building)

Matt Parkman: Mind Reading; can't recall

Claude: Invisibility; touch (held against a street post)

I'll keep updating this as time goes on.

As for this lad
    Sylar: I think Peter only absorbed the one power (telekenisis) from him: the power that Sylar had active at the time. that will take more time to confirm, but another thing to look out for.

Eyes peeled lads!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Wow, an most excellent theory you have going there. I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Overheal wrote:
    Peter requires direct physical contact with someone before he can mimick a power.

not too sure about that, mainly because
    Peter could see claude before he touched him, and from the training sequence, we know that they can see eachother when invisible, so i don't think direct physical contact is needed, just proximity.
    But i'd love to see if the rest of the theory holds up, or if it's ever fully explained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,181 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Curses.....I just watched that clip again.

However
    it may have been due to Peter's unexplained clairvoiance that he is able to see him?

Remember when Claude leaves in e16; he just disappears as if normal and then hes gone.

Maybe it wasnt just added for effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

But we've already been told that Peter is an
    empath. In 6 Months Earlier Nathan's wife talks about how empathic Peter is, which is the first clue as to the nature of his power. And in The Fix Claude tells him that he is an empath. It's also why he was such a good hospice nurse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

As said by thelordofcheese,
    I think he just needs to be close to them to mimic their powers. He hadn't touched Hiro when he stopped time to talk to him. He's power is very interesting, he can consume and keep any power he comes in contact with.... nice little twist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Sorry if I sound completely stupid but I have a few questions about Peters ability. Note that I have only seen to episode 11 so I obstained from reading the spoilers here.

Ok
    so he can absorb powers of people and then he can use them, correct?
    How come whenever he tried to fly off the climbing frame after he and his brother 'flew' he fell in a lump on the ground?

Right, but whenever he recovers from the fall after the struggle with Sylar he recovers while Claire is not around. What's up there?

If the answers come about in later episodes, I would appreciate if you could tell me if it is so that I can watch it. If no answer can be found then discuss it here!

Yeah, it becomes clearer later, starting around episode 15 i think.
    sprinkles wrote:
    As said by thelordofcheese,
    I think he just needs to be close to them to mimic their powers. He hadn't touched Hiro when he stopped time to talk to him. He's power is very interesting, he can consume and keep any power he comes in contact with.... nice little twist

Uber Nerd time, but
    i'm pretty sure that Rogue had a similar ability for a brief time in the Xmen comics, where she could recall any powers she'd ever absorbed. I wonder would there be a way for Peter to do something similar to rogue and sylar and to take someones abilities permanently

Stupid double posting

im...LOST wrote:
    Sorry if I sound completely stupid but I have a few questions about Peters ability. Note that I have only seen to episode 11 so I obstained from reading the spoilers here.
    Ok so he can absorb powers of people and then he can use them, correct?
    How come whenever he tried to fly off the climbing frame after he and his brother 'flew' he fell in a lump on the ground?

Right, but whenever he recovers from the fall after the struggle with Sylar he recovers while Claire is not around. What's up there?
    If the answers come about in later episodes, I would appreciate if you could tell me if it is so that I can watch it. If no answer can be found then discuss it here!

{spoiler}{/spoiler} next time please. keep it clean for people who don't want to know/ want to be selective about it.

This circumstance is better explained
    in about 4/5 episodes from where you
    are so just go with the flow.

as for your other question
    My guess is flying takes a lot more concious thought than tissue regeneration: much easier for the body to heal itself than go flying off everytime you thought of it. Another example of this will happen later than episode 11 as well.

Sprinkles, did
    Hiro touch him at all no? Anyone remember if there is another encounter between Hiro and Peter??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Sorry guys. I fixed my post so that the spoilers are gone. I'll just watch on then :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Overheal wrote:
    Sprinkles, did
    Hiro touch him at all no? Anyone remember if there is another encounter between Hiro and Peter??

More importantly with Hiro
    time froze while future Hiro was still walking around on the roof of the train. So if touch isn't required to use the power, why would it be required to recall the power? Doesn't make much sense to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Does anyone know if this is Peter Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia)?

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Rogertron%20ZtH/wtf.jpg

And if so, what the hell is going on in this pic? (was sent to me a while back)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

plazzTT wrote:

where the fxck did ye get that photo!!!!!?

thats rotten!

Ok do we really need all the Spoiler caps, as this whole thread is one big spoiler....

Raphael wrote:
    More importantly with Hiro
    time froze while future Hiro was still walking around on the roof of the train. So if touch isn't required to use the power, why would it be required to recall the power? Doesn't make much sense to me
    I don't think touch is needed at all, that's my point. I think he just needs to be in proximity of the person to use/absorb their power and
    he just needs to remeber how he felt around them to use it again when they aren't there... this was said in E17

[ONLY READ SPOILER IF YOU HAVE SEEN E17 (not the late great pop band of the 90's :D)]

plazzTT wrote:

Wtf?
    unreggd wrote:

Ok do we really need all the Spoiler caps, as this whole thread is one big spoiler....

I agree. Just change the title to warn of spoiler up to Episode 17 and we can leave them off. Works well in other forums

fine, heres a spoiler: SIMONE DIES!!!!!

:p

how do you like it now? I guarantee there is one person who has or will read this thread and this will have been spoiled for them.

So assuming Peter only met Hiro the one time in the subway I suppose that does throw my theory to hell. Else, there was little or no communication between the sound guy that put in the tazer noise and the writers :D

Good point about him being an Empath though.

that does raise a whole new question: how does Claude know he's an empath??? And more importantly what other empath has he met??????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Claude was Mr Bennetts first Partner, So claude knows a lot more about whats going on than most of the other characters. as for the whole touch question, the future Hiro on the train scene and the fact that peter 'caught' Claudes invisibility when he was still across the street leads me to think that proximity is all thats required.

Claude was taken out to the bridge to be killed for hiding one of them, I have me suspicions it Simone, we'll find out on monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I have me suspicions it Simone, we'll find out on monday.

ACTUAL SPOILER (I accidently watched a preview for Episode 18)
    Simone isn't dead, she appears perfectly healthy and seems to know more than she has been previously letting on.

iguana wrote:
    ACTUAL SPOILER (I accidently watched a preview for Episode 18)
    Simone isn't dead, she appears perfectly healthy and seems to know more than she has been previously letting on.

Yep saw that meself but wasnt sure what to make of it, seemed very Claire-esque but shur tis hard to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

The thing is if it is proximity does that mean that he has access to all of Sylars powers or just the Telekenisis because he used while being in range?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Yep saw that meself but wasnt sure what to make of it, seemed very Claire-esque but shur tis hard to know
    This is explained in Episode 18, it's Candace, who's a shape-shifter. She pretends to be Simone for some plot-related reasons, as well as to taunt isaac

I would say that peter can only use the powers he becomes aware of, like if someone explained sylars ability to see how things worked then peter should be able to search inside himself and find this ability, however without seeing Sylar use it or being told how it works he has no frame of reference for this skill, therefore it remains dormant.

Advertisement