Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl golf stuff

• 26-02-2007 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Just to let people know that Lidl are selling golf stuff next Monday (Mar 5th).

I stocked up last year and have had no complaints (balls, tees, shoes etc.).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

delboy159 wrote:
    Just to let people know that Lidl are selling golf stuff next Monday (Feb 5th).

I stocked up last year and have had no complaints (balls, tees, shoes etc.).

Thanks for that... I got sorted for tees last year (6.99 for 300 wooden ones of three diff lengths) and I got a pair of sheos that did the trick during the muddy winter months (20quid)...

Also picked up a rescue club to try it out cos I didn't have one and wanted to see what the fuss was about. I planned to buy a "real" one if I found it useful... Never bothered buying a "real" one in the end and really like the lidl one! Only a score as well... :p Sure ya couldn't go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

what make are the clubs, any good? I bought a Donnay set only because i dont play serious golf and thought they be ok as a starter set.Bought them in heatons. cheap and suited me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭delboy159

cymro wrote:
    what make are the clubs, any good? I bought a Donnay set only because i dont play serious golf and thought they be ok as a starter set.Bought them in heatons. cheap and suited me .

Father bought the clubs last year - I've stolen his 5 and 6 iron as he has 9 and 11 woods already. They are lovely light easy clubs to hit and a great price for the package. I'd love to have the 7,8,9, pw and sw, but can't justify paying €190 for all that I get for just 5 clubs (am happy with my putter, driver, woods etc.). Bag, trolley and full set for €190 is brilliant value. Bag, trolley, driver and the utility clubs are pretty much worth 190, never mind a full set of irons also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I'm guessing it's actually March 5th.
    Thanks for the heads up! Shoes needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 nigey

Cool thanks mate some nice tees there and cheap just in time for the summer! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 nigey

the clubs are only as good as the person hitting them if you only play once in a while any set would do, I have a good set cause i play 1 or 2 times a week playing off 10 handy cap the clubs i have are callaway they are expensive but more forgiving than the cheaper brands, the main reason is more forgiveness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I got a set this morning and they seem to look the part.. I'm only a complete beginner so they'll do the trick. I went to the local pay as you play course to try them out but its waterlogged.. surprise surprise. :rolleyes:

Advertisement