Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock: Maths (Hons)

Options
  • 26-02-2007 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone do their maths mock yet? Any tricky questions I should know about?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

Dido, Maths is the only subject that hasnt been posted yet, If anyone knows where there are any threads about the maths papers, paper 2 in particular or have done the paper, hints would be greatly appreciated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not sure of which company, but just did Paper 2...jaysus, I *****ed it up sp badly. Only did 4 questions out of 6(havent done option eithre).

Hints eh:
    Paper 1: Alpha/Beta roots question, simplifiying to a constant, polynomial thing(long division yolk), Newton-Raphson, parametric equations, Root x from first principles, local maximum/inflection, De Moivres theorom

Paper 2: 3-D trigonometry question(easy), function into product, difference equation(bit different, still aced it), ways a word can be formed when 4 consenants & 3 vowels are in it(all consonants together), standard deviation, mean, proof of Sin2A, equation of a circle.

Thats all 'm giving ya, its quite a lot though. Now I wish I actually knew all of this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

yep i have it done now, paper 1 and 2 and it was messy to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭microbiek

Paper 1 Maths the integration question has one of the special case questions the one not in the log tables.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Copper_90210

Not sure which company we got but my paper1 had diff 1/x from first principals, parametric eqns, volumn of a sphere using integration methods, binomial expansion of (1+2x)^n ,and q2 (c) was find quadratic eqn. with roots.. in terms of p and q. Does Any1 who did this no whats on Paper2??? need urgent help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

I did the same paper 1 as you...would have liked it to come up in the L.C but just wasnt prepared for it at all...effed up integration so bad and couldnt for the life of me remember the proof of the volume of a sphere using interg methods...alas so anybody got hints on paper 2? theorems preferably on maclaurian and trig?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

Not sure which company we got but my paper1 had diff 1/x from first principals, parametric eqns, volumn of a sphere using integration methods, binomial expansion of (1+2x)^n ,and q2 (c) was find quadratic eqn. with roots.. in terms of p and q. Does Any1 who did this no whats on Paper2??? need urgent help!

i think i got the same paper1 as u. and OMG paper2 is f**kin deadly. integration by parts is so hard u have to integrate it twice. i think the maclaurin series was log(1+x). make sure u lear your trig cos it comes up in nearly every question. theres some weird constructionin the vectors question. i think u should just avoid it it was impossible, probability was easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Copper_90210

ya our teacher told us dat one of the 1st 3questions on paper2 were meant 2b very hard-but never specified which one! I'm dreading this exam next wk:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 xxshaunaxx

hey..... my maths teacher is giving us the 2007 deb mock exam:( can anyine remember wats on the paper 2??? i no its a long shot, any hints wud be great!!!:P

x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Seeing as direct posting of papers is no longer allowed in this thread,ppl who want DEB and examcraft maths(P1 ONLY) can pm me and i'll pm ye back the links.I saved the links a few days ago.While i'm at it, i need DEB p2 if anyone has a link???

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement