Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me...

• 26-02-2007 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I am trying to do some market research and want to ask the following question to over 100 people....
    SHould i go for a dot IE website or not?

regards,

Kieron

Please check 1st post 3 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Kieron,

Without knowing anything about what your intended use for the .IE it isn't very easy for someone to just vote yes or no to this but if you are an Irish business doing business in Ireland I would say Yes to the question. If you are doing business Worldwide and are based in Ireland I would go for a .com AND have a .IE as well which can then point to the .COM

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Triggerkg wrote:
    Hi,

I am trying to do some market research and want to ask the following question to over 100 people....
    SHould i go for a dot IE website or not?

regards,

Kieron

Unless you are using a company name or using your own name on the .ie website, you wont get a .ie address. Any way a .com has a bigger reach, so its the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 one_two

Hi!
    First of all - what it is your target group? Only internet users?
    If no, you can't conduct market research and spread results on your target group. It's very big difference to ask soft developers or housewifes. People who live on the web are very different from other, who visit internet just to see e-mail once in a week.
    If yes, you can spread result on your target group, BUT statistical error may be huge becouse of small sample.

You need to read something about conducting market research in Internet to get representative results, otherwise you lose you time and money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

.com is known in Ireland and beyond. I can so no reason why it could be negative. However, I was recently involvolved with a project where I had backing from a foreign company and in order to kep their well known name but have an Irish look we changed all our emails to .ie's and routed the .ie domain to the .com. In that situation it made a lot of sense.

Advertisement