Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

installing mysql on cygwin

• 26-02-2007 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

has anyone intalled mysql on cygwin? is it possible? or installed the perl DBI module? i get this error installing DBI

gcc -c -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -DUSEIMPORTLIB -O3 -DVERSION=\"1.54\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.54\" "-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/CORE" -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wno-comment -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-cast-qual -Wmissing-noreturn -Wno-unused-parameter Perl.c
    /bin/sh: gcc: command not found
    make: *** [Perl.o] Error 127

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I took the native Windows MySQL binaries - no messing around with cygwin.
    I have ActiveState Perl so the DBI module came with it (and it should be with your version of perl).
    /bin/sh: gcc: command not found

The error is quite clear - you do not have the gcc compiler on your system. You can download it via cygwin.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Unless you've some real reason for not using the windows binary for MySQL you are better off doing it that way - the usual host:port connection won't mind at all.

Advertisement