Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roof top tents

• 26-02-2007 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi there,

anyone interested in adventures/trips with roof tents? I'm thinking of buying one for this summer and make a road trip through Europe.

bf

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Are you on about the type used on Landrovers or an elevating roof type van?

Seen a few landys with them, looks pretty cool. You would want to be reminding yourself everytime u step out int he dark that your 6ft up... hope u dont sleep walk..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BigFoot_

I'm thinking of buying Autohome Maggiolina tent. Seems to be pretty durable and well made. Just wanted to share some experience before I head off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I read in a 4x4 fourm about roof top tents on cars/jeeps. They make your car go out of balance as there is a lot of weight very high up.

Also I'd say they fairly eat the petrol when driving at motorway speeds, just a roof rack adds ~10% fuel usage.

I know, everything has it's pros and cons. That's why I'm looking for some experienced roof tenter :)

BTW, can you paste me please that 4x4 forum.. I'll look around there..

thnx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Sorry about the delay, shortcuts missing and I forget where I've posted.

It was on http://www.worldoffroad.com/ . It was only a piece in an article about overland travelling throght the Sahara.

The new stuff is subscrprition but the archives are free. I had a look when I posted couldn't find the article, I used their search. Hopefully you can find it.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the url. Nice reading. I'm starting to like that off-road style roadtrip :) Never knows, maybe in few years will go to some desert :)

But for know I'll take my roof tent for a spin to Europe. I've found quite nice website: http://www.campingcompass.com
    Looks like they are adding new camp sites every day. It would be pretty handy on my trip :)

Advertisement