Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE looking at smaller guys?

• 26-02-2007 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

From the Observer
    WWE has interest in bringing in AAA's La Parka. However, the person currently under the La Parka garb isn't the same person that assumed the character in WCW in the late 90's, who was Adolfo Tapia. In 2004, Adolfo Tapia was forced to wrestle under the name L.A. Park, as the AAA promotion owns the rights to the gimmick and the name. L.A. Park currently wrestles for CMLL, AAA's rival promotion. The La Parka in AAA is usually denoted as La Parka, Jr. (even though he is only one year younger), La Parka (AAA) or La Parka (PAP). His real name is Jesús Alfonso Escoboza. He's also a bit smaller than the WCW version. The WCW version was 6-2 and 255 pounds. The one WWE is interested in is 6-0 and 215 pounds.

There is a movement in WWE to try to bring in more smaller, international stars to try to recreate the magic of Nitro in the mid-90s. They also want to get a jump on WSX and TNA, who both are pushing light heavyweights. They're interested in a few guys in Mexico, not to a mention a few guys in Japan. Other names discussed include Gedo and Jado.

I've seen this LA Parka chap in TNA before and he looks ok, but I've heard great things about Gedo and Jado so if WWE hire these guys surely its a step in the right direction for the Cruiserweight division. Then again I remember being excited when they signed Ultimo Dragon but look what happened there :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I say they will stick most of those guys on ECW. that show needs talent badly. I really more surprised that WWE are taking TNA and WSX seriously as competition now. considering TNA is in the toilet rite now and WSX is too over the top to be called pro wrestling and looks like it may have been cancelled too.

Although i must say it's a relief to see WWE looking for actual wrestlers instead of cute models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Given that Smackdown has a huge Latino following, they're looking for Mexican talent that can draw people to house shows.

It should be interesting to see how Mistico does tomorrow although I think theres a lot not in his favor. Apparently theres huge pressure being put on him by CMLL to stay too.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Stalfos wrote:
    I say they will stick most of those guys on ECW.
    Have to agree with Stalfos on this one. I had that thought myself the other night: Move the cruiserweight division to ECW. Not only would I do this if I were in charge but I would also allow the cruisereights more creative freedom with regards to what moves they can do in the ring. It could be the thing ECW needs to get more viewership. They could push it as an attraction that cannot be seen on the other 2 brands. This would give ECW a dose of what it used to be and make it stand out more from RAW and SD. Also, it makes sense in terms of how many singles titles there are on each brand. RAW would have the WWE title and the intercontinental. SD, the world title and US title and ECW the ECW title and cruiserweight title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Can you honestly see them doing that to ECW? I'd be very surprised

There's been this talk of them capitalising on their Mexican following for years at this stage. SD is regularly the top rated English language show for Spanish speaking people (or is it the top rated Spanish language show?....). I would love to see Mistico and La Parka in WWE. Although I was hearing earlier this week that it's CMLL's LA Park that WWE were interested in. But I can't realistically expect much. They've got enough talented cruiserweights on their roster to have an excellent division, but they ignore it

Jado and Gedo are very exciting wrestlers. They must be pushing 40 at this stage though, haven't seen them wrestle in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Fozzy wrote:
    Can you honestly see them doing that to ECW? I'd be very surprised
    No I don't to be honest. Its just what I thought would be the sensible thing to do but WWE aren't the most sensible in terms of giving the fans what they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Don't forget that Vince knows what we want better than we do ourselves!

Advertisement