Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car off the road question

Options
  • 26-02-2007 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Just to add to the mountain of similar questions. My cars been off the raod since th ebegining of last Sept (2.5l motor tax and apprentice wage dont mix well) but I'm taxing it again this Thursday. Thing is though, does oil go off like petrol? Should it be chnaged before attempting to drive the car? I ran the car for about 3 hours in November to run the engine and climate control etc. Checked everything again at the weekend and all seems well, but just wondered if I should I change th eoil or would it be ok to leave till the next service in the summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

If the oil was changed shortly before the car was left up last Sept then I would not worry too much but if it's been a year or so then I'd suggest to change the oil. It's only about €20 or €25 for enough oil to do a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The car was serviced last May-ish (only bout it in April so cant have been any earlier than that. Might just drive it for Thursday and Friday, then do the change Saturday or Sunday if I get time.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

oil and filter should be changed at 6 month or 6k (depending on the model) intervals, whichever comes first. i'd do the service before using it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

drive it for a couple of days then change the oil, a pony is not going to make any diff at this stage

Advertisement