Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bag of concrete problem

Options
  • 26-02-2007 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

not sure if this is the appropriate location for this post so please feel free to move appropriately.

Long story short. Next door neighbours began a project about 10 days ago now to put a drive into their front garden. Last thursday I arrived back from work to find two bags of concrete outside my house. I dont have a drive and need to park outside my house and now have to park on the road. My initial attitude was that everyone has to get work done at some stage so fair enough - but it would have been appreciated if they'd have apologised for the inconvenience or let me know their intention.

Unfortunately - one bag remains (5 days since it arrived) - and it was left unsealed since saturday. The concrete is set / or close to fully set now -but they're still building their wall (to be honest theres been no sign of any work done today).

I intend to have a word when I see my neighbour to ask politely when I can expect to get the spot outside my house back - they tend not to answer their door at night and tend to play alot of loud music.

But Id like to know what or who I can complain to should the need arise:
    a) the police ? although I suspect it may not be illegal ??? I dont know
    b) Dublin city corporation ? If the concrete has set they're likely to damage the area outside my house if / when removing it - I dont particularly want to incur a cost to get this fixed because of someone elses thoughlessness ...

Any advice would be great ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭fatchance

To point out the obvious, why don't you just move it yourself? I would.:cool:

Unless of course you mean a tonne bag which usually has sand in it and is now full of rubble, in that case nab a worker when they are there and get them to shift it. Not Garda problem defo and don't ring them. Corpo won't be bothered unless you exaggerate and say its a health and safety problem and likely to cause death of seriious injury to a child! Then they'll pounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

fatchance wrote:
    To point out the obvious, why don't you just move it yourself? I would.:cool:

Unless of course you mean a tonne bag which usually has sand in it and is now full of rubble, in that case nab a worker when they are there and get them to shift it. Not Garda problem defo and don't ring them. Corpo won't be bothered unless you exaggerate and say its a health and safety problem and likely to cause death of seriious injury to a child! Then they'll pounce.

Its more than I could drag chief and as per previous post has now pretty much set.
    Builders (neighbours mates) have disappeared - most likely to start a job on a monday.
    There is a Road Maintenance section of the corporation that are responsible for footpath maintenance that Ill contact - I guess if someone has tripped over in the dark on the edge of the bag or something - they may want to take a closer look.
    No real need for me to exagerate the danger since there are bricks and pieces of masonary and debris on the ground / path along with the bag of concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Are you talking about an 8 stone bag of concrete or a 1/2 / 1 ton bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

cant be certain about the exact weight of the bag. Its in a clear plastic bag / wrap so Im guessing it isnt 1/2 tonne - now that its set - and even before - Im pretty sure it would take some shifting.

If I thought I could move it Id have tried before. The question at this stage and as before is who do I contact to get it moved - apart from my neighbours who still wont answer their door when I call in to ask about it.

Advertisement