Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good Idea/Bad Idea?

Options
  • 26-02-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I drive a 1998 1.4 Civic HB which I bought for E3900 about 10 months ago, and my brother bought a 1997 1.6 Mitsubishi Carisma at the weekend with lower mileage than mine and is an all round better looking car than mine IMO for E1700.

I guess I could still fetch around E3500 for mine now, going by carzone prices - couple that with the fact that I wouldn't be in a hurry to sell it. So if I can sell mine and get something for E2k +/- I'd have a car + insurance + tax for a year.

Could you please suggest something for me? Anything from a 1.3 upwards, and in decent shape etc. BTW all I'm looking for is something that will keep going, I don't really care for cars anymore, used to, but not now. I've looked at a couple of Almeras and Lancers and quite liked em :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

As I said here somewhere a day or two back, Rover 45, as in this.

For a car like this, haggle like hell on the asking, and only dive in if you know a friendly grease monkey in the area. You'll be sorted for a good deal less than your budget if the car is otherwise sound.

Cars like this can be had anywhere, and whatever about the prospective value of your own, Hondas will practically sell themselves anyway.

Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

I wouldn't go by Carzone prices. They often don't reflect the real world at all. Hence why soem cars hang around there like a bad smell for months.

Advertisement