Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anybody have art done?? somebody is clueless!!

Options
  • 26-02-2007 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

just wondering anyone out there have there art history done?? any tips much appericated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

lol. lauraxo might have hers done. Why don't you pm her and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 *fairy*

Rozabeez wrote:
    lol. lauraxo might have hers done. Why don't you pm her and ask?
    have no time for people like her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lennykravitz

hey!! i'm feeling kind, heres what came up on my art mock paper - no guarantee you'll have the same one though

Section 1. - bronze age, la tene........tony o'malley - rest is double dutch to me

Section 2 - romanesque architecture, early renaissance painters, matthias grunewald, peter paul rubens, constable.........

Section 3 - gallery question usual ****e blah

there ya go hope that narrows things down for ya, bear in mind i got tips off the internet and got a shock when i sat the exam!i got through it though, best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 *fairy*

hey!! i'm feeling kind, heres what came up on my art mock paper - no guarantee you'll have the same one though

Section 1. - bronze age, la tene........tony o'malley - rest is double dutch to me

Section 2 - romanesque architecture, early renaissance painters, matthias grunewald, peter paul rubens, constable.........

Section 3 - gallery question usual ****e blah

there ya go hope that narrows things down for ya, bear in mind i got tips off the internet and got a shock when i sat the exam!i got through it though, best of luck

what practicle did ye get??... was it the snake mongoose and jewellery one??.. on the lino? thank so much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

has anyone sat the DEB History of Art paper yet??- the one with new zealand and the snake and the mongoose as part of the craftwork section??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

BUMP....PLease!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lennykravitz

are you on about a mock practical or the real thing? either way we havent been told anything about either!!!do most schools do a mock practical?how did the history paper go?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

This is probably to late but just thought id tell people anyway. Art history had bronze age , iron age, impressionism landscape, surrealism dali/miro, apreciation was the gallery thing as per usual. the practical had the new zealand poster thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Section 1:

Iron Age

Bronze Age- know the factors to the early development of it in Ireland. Nmae and describe two objects.

La Tene- compare Loughnishade trumpet and Broighter collar with regards minerals used in creation (ie bronze and gold) and describe decoration.

Section 2:

Fra Angelico and that painting... the Judgment of Cossimo and Damien? State why it is a good example of early Rennaissance painting. Given the picture, you must name it and its artist.

Degas and Monet- compare one work from each

Section 3:

Design a public ammenity that includes a shelter

Design an aesthetically pleasing but functional kitchen, give reasons for your selection of features

Describe/design a gallery waiting area... something like that

And then... something to do with a documentary style film, comment on light, editing, camera shots, etc.

Advertisement