Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with transfer from eircom to Gaelic

Options
  • 26-02-2007 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My girlfriend recently changed from eircom to gaelic telecom for the calls and broadband service. On connecting to the internet using the new user name and password we encountered a problem with the wireless connection. The wireless connection was working with eircom but now after change it will not work. I can only connect to the internet on the laptop with the lan cable. The router settings on the ip address are setup for wireless connection as the box has a tick. Can anyone help with this problem?
    Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

This makes no sense at all since it's the router that connects to the internet so as long as the router has the new password and username there is no need to change a single thing on the PC. Have you made any changes to the PC? It may not be linked to the change in provider but may just be an unrelated problem.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Yet another totally misleading post title!:rolleyes:

You don't have a problem with a transfer from Eircom to Gaelic - you have a problem getting a laptop to connect with a wireless network!!!

Are you using the same router that you used with Eircom? Did you make any changes to the laptop wireless settings? Can the laptop 'see' the wireless network?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'd make a good guess that it is an all-in-one wireless dsl router that was reset to connect using Gaelic telecoms BB service.

Reset the wireless security and make sure that the laptop sees the wireless network first. Once that is possible given that it is the most basic setup, then the security element can be adjusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

All ok now fixed the problem. My girlfriend changed the dns server setting on the laptop to eircom ip address. Change them to automatic and now all running well. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement