Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Locked out of car - Ford Focus

Options
  • 26-02-2007 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just back from college and locked the car. Then remembered to grab my laptop out of the boot - of course i left my keys in the boot and closed it :mad:

No spare key (its at the bottom of the ocean somewhere......) and car is now blocking the driveway. I'm assuming the only way to get in would be to get some kind of master key from the dealer where i got it, but any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

some places like the AA or lock smiths can open the car, and wont charge ya a fortune like ford will.

Golden Pages

Eg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Is it an older model Focus? If so then this is a longshot but worth a try. The key of a Fiesta will open the boot of some other Fiestas (really I've tried it the key of my missus' Fusion opened my brother's 92 Fiesta and 4 others at work) the older Focus has a similar key and lock mechanism so it might just work although I've never tried it with one before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Wait, problem solved try that :p.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i'm actually not sure the dealer can do a new key without one to work off, AA might get you in the car but won't get it started.

Contact a garage asap..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Ring Steve Guard 087 2554848 or 01 8366699. He'll sort you out - not cheap, minimum €100.

• Advertisement

daveym wrote:
    i'm actually not sure the dealer can do a new key without one to work off, AA might get you in the car but won't get it started.

Contact a garage asap..

They keys are locked in the boot so he only needs that open. The Dealer can get the code for the key from the Reg number. But they tend to be expensive. AA or one of the other locksmiths can do the job, and you can call them out anytime

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

They keys are locked in the boot so he only needs that open. The Dealer can get the code for the key from the Reg number. But they tend to be expensive. AA or one of the other locksmiths can do the job, and you can call them out anytime

doh! didn't read that bit, getting in should be handy enough.

would recommend OP that you get a spare key made in case you lose the other one.

daveym wrote:
    doh! didn't read that bit, getting in should be handy enough.

would recommend OP that you get a spare key made in case you lose the other one.

Def get a spare, but be warned, to get a coded key from ford, is about 70 for standard key, and 130 for key with remote on it. Ring about cos some dealers do it cheaper than other, or if you ring a locksmith, ask them if they can copy a coded key.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The tenis ball method should work though. It could save a few quid :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

They key can be coded from a string of digits that were on a plastic thing when the car was bought. You don't need an immobiliser coded, so a plain pre-95 style key would do. Should be cheap enough, I got 3 made for my mondeo this way, and they cost about €20 altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

a friend of mine done the exact same thing. the garage where he bought the car said that a new key has to be coded to start the engine but they can use a sort master key than will open the boot and doors.

this car was a vw passat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

wait have you got insurance with hibernian if so call them and they will get someone out for free.24 hrs a day.It happened to me and they were with me in 30 mins.and of course for free where as some guy from yellow pages was going to charge over 200 euro as it was 3am.:D
    If you donot have hibernian assist do you have windscreen cover.If you do then just smash the windscreen and get in and it it replaced for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Been here before with my old Focus, Go to your Ford dealer give the reg no. as posted before, and usually for around €10 you will get a Ford key which only opens the doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Been here before with my old Focus, Go to your Ford dealer give the reg no. as posted before, and usually for around €10 you will get a Ford key which only opens the doors.

I never knew that, it sounds cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Get a wire clothes hanger and bend the hook right back so it looks like a fish hook or a sharpe V, then put it down in between the drivers window and the window near where the door pin is and try and pull it up.

Worked on my old 1994 Clio once.

Advertisement