Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just got called for a test

Options
  • 26-02-2007 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭

I've just gotten called for my test, but am so far away from being ready. I got my licence just under a year ago and am insured on my fathers car. But I live in a different county. I'd planned to go home most weekends to learn but my circumstances changed and I couldn't make it most of the time.

Now I've a month to get myself up to speed to try and pass. I can do the basics well enough but don't have the experience for a test.

Does anyone have any recommendations for learning quickly? Also if anyone has any recommendations on instructors in Dublin (around either Rathgar or Dun Laoghaire). I'd perfer one who has a diesel as that's what I've been learning in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Depending, I'd say 9-10 hours of lessons should do you...where will you have your test???? Not really any point learning in Dún Laoghaire if the test is in Galway or vice versa, the instructor will tailor the lessons to the possible routes that you can get if they're anyway good.

On that note, you'll not find an instructor with a diesel too easy, plus the clutch and accelerator operate in a similar fashion in both:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Thanks Max_Damage.

Ninty9er, I'll be doing the test in Offaly, but given the fact that I have 2 weekends where I'm free to do lessons down home, it means I won't get in 9 or 10 hours. I want to do a few in Dublin, then I can spend a couple of days before the test going over the route.

I recommend:
    Do a quick search and you will see this has been posted a million times before here.

>8 CUT THREAD HERE >8

Advertisement