Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

head melted trying to set up QNAP TS-101 NAS

Options
  • 26-02-2007 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

i just purchased the qnap ts 101 but my head is melted trying to configure it, i cant get on to the adminstrator page

i have gone through all steps outlined in booklet till i get to step 7 which is headed "Start to enjoy the powerful services of TS-101" I wish :) is configuring for the last 3 hours this is after pressing refresh, refresh, a few times and reset twice

when i doubleclick on ts101 i get internet page on the web page if i click on administrator/web file manager etc i get password prompt, i input new password press enter and prompt reappears straightaway if i ignore this the page loads till halfway and then hangsand if i reenter password this page just hangs also i try pressing refresh and going thru all the steps again a few times with no luck then i tried reset button on ts-101 as well but still the same

I am using windows xp professional sp2 fully up to date with all microsoft updates. i am using internet explorer 7

I am using bullguard as my virus/firewall/antispam package

I have added the NAS devices own Ip address, to the BullGuard's Trusted Hosts in their firewall.

ive been at this since 5pm with no joy

anybody got any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DubGF

Did you get this sorted?

What do you think of the product? I am thinking of getting one ...

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

yeah sorted it

cant even remember what i done now

yeah would recommend it highly and im not even using itto its full potential

using it as a media stremer basically together with wireless router a thing of beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DubGF

What exactly are you using it for?

What hardware are you using with this?

Thanks,
    Gary

Advertisement