Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeOne bikes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Giant make half the bikes on the planet so no surprise in hearing of them.

Going on specs alone, the Giant looks a little better, but I'm not overly familiar with the entry level groupset.

Considering the unknown quality of the BeOne frame my tendency would be toward the boring but reliable Giant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tonic07

Signed up to this site to check if anyone heard of BeOne bikes.
    Bought one few weeks ago from ChainReactionCycles. BeOne Mason.
    Can't find anything on the net about it.
    Arrived last week and very happy with it, but then again I haven't ridden too many bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Just received a beone stone jumper and its absolutly incrediable. A friend also got one to replace his gt avalanche (cant remember which one but it was 900e) and the beone wins hands down.
    Everything about it is amazing,pedals,forms,frame,crispness! Im in love!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I ordered the beone on Monday night, hasn't been dispatched yet :( But I'm hoping to have it for the weekend.

Anyway I have done a bit of research in the mean time and found out the following...

"The Be One Bikes Company was founded in 1997 as part of a brand name of Batavus. Apparently the team at Batavus didn't see that mountain bikes fitted in with their image so it was launched under a new name - B1 Bikes. Since then the brand had become an innovator in mountain biking design with a bunch of top and pro riders to it's name."

from here

Bit more on Batavus here

so they seem to have a good history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

I got a beone mason from CRC, very good value considering the components. Very happy with the build quality, very good welding and all factory set parts were fine. It is a dutch make.

http://www.beone-bikes.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

i buy loads of gear for my mtb bike on the net, but would never actually buy a bike unlees I'd test ridden it and it did it for me! so so many types of bikes, sizes and feels!

Bike arrived this morning. Very happy with it so far, suprised how light it was compared to bikes I had when I was younger anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

As said above, B1 is the same as Batavus. I Holland Batavus are along with Gazelle the most popular bicycles.
    The quality of both is excelent.
    I have never owned a B1 but I would definitely pick a B1 rather than a Giant.

Just be for my first quick spin on it, lovely bike... now all I need is a bit of fitness :o

Advertisement