Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ents This 2.

Options
  • 27-02-2007 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

http://ctn.buildontech.com/content/view/26/32/

link to second ent this show, on bottom page.
    the third edited version is now up.

the second show is better than the first.
    includes aslan, the tendermeats(oh me oh my richie!), and kila.

edit: sorry. title suppose to be ent this 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

I won't lie, I watched this just for the Tendermeats interview, what with two of them being in my band too. Regret not being there for this, of course JazzSoc are great (shameless plug) and the JugSoc looked to have done a great job. Bryan's entry is simply magnificent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

yevveh wrote:
    I won't lie, I watched this just for the Tendermeats interview, what with two of them being in my band too. Regret not being there for this, of course JazzSoc are great (shameless plug) and the JugSoc looked to have done a great job. Bryan's entry is simply magnificent :D

Yeah I saw that it went well for them.Its a great opportunity for the small societies like JazzSoc to showcase their 'stall' so to speak.It can definitely build up the members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Dontico, I'm not sure if you could offer an opinion on the technical side of the streaming?

The video files appear to be VERY large. I've used a few 2Mb broadband lines and it won't stream great at any time of the day. Even on the UCD network, it's pretty sluggish.
    The large file would be appropriate if one could view it in detail in nice large window where BW is necessary. But when we are all confined to a ridiculously small window, I see no benefit at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

yevveh.
    understandable. i've been told its the funniest interview i've done so far.

cast iron. alas i have nothing to do with the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

It took me about five minutes on broadband for the webpage to load.Seriously though CTN should break the videos up into segments.I'm surprised you even got a file that big up it must have taken ages!

• Advertisement

Chakar wrote:
    It took me about five minutes on broadband for the webpage to load.Seriously though CTN should break the videos up into segments.
    Breaking them into segments won't make a blind bit of difference to streaming. It will only serve to force you to click on the next segment when one finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Don, I'd just about say it may be.

Is anyone else getting problems with the sound on the first one (the one with Berkeley, the Immediate etc.)? The sound keeps cutting out and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

yevveh wrote:
    Don, I'd just about say it may be.

Is anyone else getting problems with the sound on the first one (the one with Berkeley, the Immediate etc.)? The sound keeps cutting out and all.

yeah i know. we dont why thats happening. its fine on dvd but when they convert the file for the site, it gets messed up.

Dontico wrote:
    yeah i know. we dont why thats happening. its fine on dvd but when they convert the file for the site, it gets messed up.
    Well that's because DVD format is machine/hardware based. The video file size (bit rate) is a bit too big for streaming on the average BB connection, and hence the first obvious casualty is sound (though video drops at the same time, just less noticeable). A lower bit rate means lower quality video. A happy medium is not that easily achieved, but with a bit of effort and experience, I'm sure CTN will start getting it right.

Advertisement