Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart BB, Bitcomet Problem

Options
  • 27-02-2007 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help on this one.

Am With smart on there 4mb line. Can't fault them one bit but am having a little problem at the mo.

Internet is working fine but when I open up Bitcomet and begin to download a file my internet dies completely, I close this and 10 seconds later problem solved.

Anyone have any ideas on this would be mucg appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

Sorry meant to say as well have done a speed test on www.irishisptest.com and it giving me 3.97mb which is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

briman1983 wrote:
    Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help on this one.

Am With smart on there 4mb line. Can't fault them one bit but am having a little problem at the mo.

Internet is working fine but when I open up Bitcomet and begin to download a file my internet dies completely, I close this and 10 seconds later problem solved.

Anyone have any ideas on this would be mucg appreciated

Bitcommet is probably set to upload at your max rate. This will kill your connection. You should only allow BitCommet to upload at about 80% of your max upload rate ever.

If I'm not mistaken, on ST's 4Mb line your upload is 256Kb. Which equates to about 25KBps.

In BitComet, set your upload to 15 to 20 KBps upload MAXIMUM, but you can obviously get away with setting it much lower.

Advertisement