Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT BB - Whats goin on?

Options
  • 27-02-2007 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi All,

I Know lots of you are having probs with BT BB lately. I'm trying to figure out if its a BT prob or one of my own. Heres my situation.

Using BT 1MB for almost a year, no probs til last week. Since then connection is dropping off, sometimes within 30 secs.

I'm using a netopia router (ran diagnostics and it says everything is fine), and a Belkin wireless connection using WEP for security. The wireless monitor software is showing the wireless connection driopping sometimes and the dsl connection dropping at other times. Tried changing phone line filters and even connecting without a filter - no improvement.

Cant figure it out - is someone hacking into my router? Is there any way to check or maybe its something more easily solved. Any suggestions???

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

wep is easily hacked, try wpa psk with aes enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Is there no way at all for you to get a wired connection to your router? That way you can test if it's the wireless part that's letting you down.

Advertisement