Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Freq Question

Options
  • 27-02-2007 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just two quick questions. looking to get into rc cars and had a couple of questions on the frequencies they use?

1. What is the freq used in Ireland? 40Mhz?

2. Whats the situation with the new 2.4Ghz freq Futaba are using?

I've been flying planes for a few years now and its starting to get hassle getting the planes into the car, so its time for something smaller.

Cheers

John

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Surface models: 27 or 40 mhz.

What's the problem with getting planes in the car?
    Your planes are too big.
    I can fit 9 made up ready to fly planes in mine ! (saloon car ! )
    4 on back seat made up
    2 bigger ones in front of back seat on floor, wigs separated and flat on back seat
    3 more in boot ether made up if speed 400 size, or disassembled if 1.5 metre wing size

Think electric - smaller handier more convenient to use :D
    When I take out a glowfuel plane I can only bring it and 2-3 electrics ... less interesting.

Here are some of them norm_flyer link
    Look at the sizes Most are 1 metre or less wingspan, anything with a wingspan over 1 metre have take apart wings.

Coolwings
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

At present Futaba's 2.4Ghz radio is not yet legal, however specktrums 2.4Ghz radio has been ok'd by the Dept. of Communications.....

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭johnser

Cheers for the information guys. Just what I was looking for.

Unfortunately most of my planes are in the 70" wingspan bracket and take too much time messing around cleaning them and getting ready for flight.

So I'm going to go with some touring car action to see if I like it. :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Have fun !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

hi johnser
    the 2 freq used seem to be 27-40Mhz
    when i first started out i was using 75Mhz(bought from the states) but i was told they are ilegal, so i switched to 27Mhz. the problem here is that thats what most people run. i run on the St annes track that could have as many as 24 guys with radio gear on so i found the best thing to do was

A> carry a few sets of crystals

B> if atall possible run intermediate crystals, very few people seem to know about them over here, i got 2 sets for less than 8euro and i havent even tried the second set as i have never clashed with any one.

if you need any help picking or sourcing a car just give me a shout.

hope this has been of help

• Advertisement
Advertisement