Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Holiday Visa to Australia

Options
  • 27-02-2007 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

HELP!! I am trying to go back to Australia, I was already there on a working holiday visa back in 2003. I know they have now introduced an extended working holiday visa by a year but I never worked rural. Does anybody have any idea how I get another working holiday visa? Is there anyway around it!! Would love all the help & suggestions I can get!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Have you tried www.immi.gov.au?

It's the australian government site for all things visa and immigration related and it's going to be the best place you could start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Hey you can marry me and stay as long as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I got a visa recently after reading through a lot of the crap on that website. You need to have worked for 3 months in a rural area during your first visa to qualify for a second. Excluding shady tactics of which I know nothing about, there is no way around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭k974

DS wrote:
    I got a visa recently after reading through a lot of the crap on that website. You need to have worked for 3 months in a rural area during your first visa to qualify for a second. Excluding shady tactics of which I know nothing about, there is no way around this.

which there are plenty of, ask around i'm not going to put it on the net and the loophole be closed but i'm sure you can think what it is, ask anyone in oz at the moment on a whv

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Right, I'm warning everyone straight off, there is to be no discussion of how to "get around" things. Any advice offered here must be above board. I don't even want allusions to it, like k974's post. I'm leaving that there as an example. Further discussion of illegal methods will result in a ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Unfortunate for you the rules changed in 2005 so even if you did the 3 months picking fruit you would not have been able to claim another year.

On the positive side Australia is suffering a shortage of skilled workers.

If you have a decent trade or profession you can come and work for 4 years under the skilled worker sponsorship visa. Or you could apply for permanent residency. Australia runs recruitment expos in Dublin all the time where people will advise and help with sponsored employment.

At the moment big recruitment drive for Plumbers and Psychiatric mental health Nurses.

Other trades are Carpenters and Engineers.

Other wise bad luck I’m afraid.

Advertisement