Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best On-line File Storage for Sharing Files?

• 27-02-2007 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a free service which lets you share video files over 200mb in size?

I took some video footage of a ski-school class I was in a couple of weeks ago and said I'd publish it on-line for them but can't seem to find a decent file storage site out there that takes files over 200mb (DivX format).

Any ideas/suggestion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Only thing I can think of is asking a mate with a webserver to host it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Do you have an Eircom account?
    You can host on their server if you do. or something to that effect.
    This would probably get a better answer elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Have you tried converting it to a format that is smaller in size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Eircom don't give you enough space...

Thought there might be a better place for this alright Terry but nothing under Tech seemed suitable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Advertisement

Cheers eolhc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I use rapidshare personally, max file size is 100MB though if IIRC. Could always zip & split.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

http://www.sendspace.com/

problem solved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Yeah.
    Seems there is a web hosting forum, but you can't post there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Terry wrote:
    Yeah.
    Seems there is a web hosting forum, but you can't post there.

Twas' closed down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Always use AOL XDrive myself.. tis fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Get a gmail account and get the gspace plugin for Firefox. Allows you to store huge files (over 2gb AFAIK) in the Gmail account. very handy. only problem is, anyone else wishing to access the files will need the same plugin and same Gmail login.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Some think boards.ie with their overflowing PM boxes?

Seems like the best of them for my uses. Not the biggest filespace allocation but certainly the best upload mechanism as it's the only one that seems to give you a progress bar. :)

Advertisement