Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phrases with different meaning depending on geographic location

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

We were talking to a german neighbour before about a new job she just started. We said "how d'ya find the job?" ...she proceeded to explain how she had sent in her CV in an email after which she was callled for an interview. Myself and mate looked at each other in confusion.

Another seperate related occurence happened when my mate asked a foreign student in our class how he found ireland....he replied: "on the map". :D

i'm from tipperary where:
    goul = fool
    messages = groceries
    rubber = johnny = condom
    just about got the train = i did get the train, but barely

One thing that always confused me is the thing relating to days in the week...if i say next saturday, i would be talking about saturday 10th, and this saturday is saturday the 3rd, whereas for some people it works differently. The mind boggles... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

this saturday is the third.
    saturday week is the tenth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Lil Kitten wrote:
    or to be "bet into" someone you fancy them...

That's not what it means around here.......but this is a family forum.

Advertisement