Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get ffvii pc version in dublin

Options
  • 27-02-2007 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I was wondering if there is a store that stocks the pc version of final fantasy vii in dublin city area. I really want to play it again but the playstation I have finally gave up the good fight. I could get it off ebay but having a lot of trouble getting things delivered at the moment.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

good luck, i threw that question up a few years ago here, no avail.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You will more than likely not find it. It's very rare. You could just get the PS1 version and use an emulator. PS1 version is ever so slightly better anyway. The PS1 version is also unfortunately hard to find. Most people seem to want to hold on to one of their favourite games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

anyone ever heard of e-bay loads of them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I have a copy of it.On 3 CD's, mate from NI made me a copy.:D
    Ill try do the same, then ill get back to yes if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Just got my copy in the post from Amazon for €25 oops sorry, thats the ps1 version, I did see the pc version floating around while searching the interweb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

It's not worth getting the PC version as the resolution settings are very minimal; the sound is in very basic midi plus the compatibility with XP/Vista is limited in most cases.

As everyone else has said; anyone who's looking for a copy of one of the greatest games ever should get the PS1 version. Sad, but true..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You could just get the PS1 version and use an emulator.
    You should not even consider anything besides this. Emulated on the pc it is perfect, the graphics are 10 times better than on regular ps1 and regular pc version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Doubt you'll find it anywhere in Dublin at this stage, to be honest. I'm just glad I picked mine up a coupla years ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I have it on the Pc Box, manual, Perfect condition if you want to, I'll sell it to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Yea i got FFVII & VIII as a bundle off ebay. But answer to your question, no you wont find it in any store in Dublin. Going to have to have it delivered to a mates gaff or something i guess. Be warned though i played the game both on PS and on my PC and it doesnt play nearly as well on PC. Controls are all done through the number pad. Its a really old CD-ROM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 keeffe2001

yeah i got it from ebay in the end thanks for your responses, the quality is ok, the controls were weird but you can config them.

Advertisement