Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightlife in balbriggan?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

the coast is open again now....its way nicer than it used to be.

No way babes. Does Big know? Big hugs xxxx (sorry.. still laughing at Bluetonics joke)... Nice user name. Is the film any good?

back on topic though, its opened again!!!! Get away. It must be only opened a week is it. I was up there 2 or 3 weeks ago with the lads and the taxi dropped us off outside and sped off moments before we realised it was closed. We had to walk all the way down to Blue... Might have to check the coast out this weekend. sounds great. Is the layout different, is it the same size? Does it still have a sportsbar for the kids and an older area for mid twenties upward?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Do you mind putting your point across in the normal font. It just makes you look like a six year old using a large font, shouting and screaming from your high chair.

The majority of us are adults here and have no problems with a thread developing any which way, be that to cover any number of pubs.

Any thread like this which gives people information is surely a good thing.As a user of this forum I feel that threads should be allowed to develop and as such if they move to cover more that one town well they maybe all that should be done is the title changed certainly not a curtailment of discussion.
    You've contributed nothing to this thread blue apart from
    Just follow the fat people, there's loads of them.
    There is nothing to review to be honest. ALL the pubs are den holes of iniquity.

so I dont get your point??????????

your being a pedantic moron as usual.......... did the misses not give you a hug this morning?

Chinafoot wrote: »
    +1

Skerries was mentioned, by me, as it's a decent alternative to the pubs in Balbriggan if they're not what you're into. I don't see how that makes this thread a "Skerries is better than Balbriggan" thread. Skerries is so close to Balbriggan that it's pubs are relevant to those in the Brig who want info on somewhere to get a decent pint. It was one comment by me, no need to get so annoyed over it.
    and its always mentioned by you China, I get it - you like skerries (nothing wrong with that) but the thread is

Nightlife in balbriggan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

and its always mentioned by you China, I get it - you like skerries (nothing wrong with that) but the thread is

Nightlife in balbriggan.

lol. Always mentioned by me? I go out in the city centre most of the time tbh. Ohnoes!! Did I just make this a "town is better than Balbriggan" thread!? :p If you only want to talk about the Balbriggan pubs then go for it.

Look, Skerries is 10 minutes away so I have no problem with anyone mentioning the pubs there when it comes to nightlife. You'd probably be the first to complain if I tried to keep everything here strictly on-topic. I can very easily change the title of the thread if needs be.

Oh, and your "pedantic moron" comment is personal abuse. Consider yourself warned for that.

Now can we get back to the discussion at hand please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You've contributed nothing to this thread blue apart from
    Of course i didn't contribute this post you replied to. :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56058615&postcount=47
    so I dont get your point??????????
    It's quite clear from my post what my point is. The forum moderator seemed to understand and agree with it.
    your being a pedantic moron as usual.......... did the misses not give you a hug this morning?
    Your usage of time is incorrect. How would the misses (sp??) not giving me a hug this morning, effect a posting of mine from yesterday evening. Really if for some unknown reason you are going to launch a childish personal attack on me do me the honor of putting a bit of thought into it.

Lighten up and enjoy these fora. Fell free to contact me via PM at any stage if you need to vent.

I hope this helps.

xxxxx

I'd love a jar over at Skerries harbour right now, surely the best 'beer garden' between Balbriggan and Skerries. What do others think?

• Advertisement

jesus... let it go lads... tit for tat is for kids.. :D

but seriously, Carrie, let me know about the coast if you can. what its like etc.

Actually, what's the Hamlet like? Are there any other pubs up that end of Balbriggan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cheridere

I'd love a jar over at Skerries harbour right now, surely the best 'beer garden' between Balbriggan and Skerries. What do others think?
    Drinking with all the rugby and sailing wannabes in Skerries, how posh!!
    Poor mans Malahide if you ask me

What was this thread about????

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Actually, what's the Hamlet like? Are there any other pubs up that end of Balbriggan?

Not bad, the grub is iffy but the pints of Guinness are beautifull. The staff are ok also.
    Its not really good enough to go out of your way for but if you live around the area it just fine.

No Beer Garden? (could be wrong)

It's quite clear from my post what my point is. The forum moderator seemed to understand and agree with it.?
    Quit clear
    Im delighted for ye's
    Your usage of time is incorrect.
    correct, but its reading you dribbling posts that a waste of time (funny sometimes)
    Lighten up and enjoy these fora. Fell free to contact me via PM at any stage if you need to vent.?

I do enjoy boards and if I wanted to "vent" why would I PM you?
    I hope this helps.

xxxxx?

Not really, is it supposed to?

This post from another user describes it perfectly
    Drinking with all the rugby and sailing wannabes in Skerries, how posh!!
    Poor mans Malahide if you ask me

• Advertisement

mediatraitor and bluetonic, any further squabbling and there'll be bans handed out. Let it go.

The bar in the Golf Club is a nice spot too and does good food.

Geographically I'd say it's the most southern pub in Balbriggan and probably the pub closet to Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

The Cardy Marina down by the harbour. Ronan the bar manager is a great laugh

bubonicus wrote: »
    The Cardy Marina down by the harbour. Ronan the bar manager is a great laugh
    Is John McNulty still the manger down there :pac:

The bar in the Golf Club is a nice spot too and does good food.

Geographically I'd say it's the most southern pub in Balbriggan and probably the pub closet to Skerries.

Lovely spot,and far enough not to get the smell of Barnegeera or the lovely odour skerries harbour has in the summer... and spitting distance from the Balrothery Inn (even closet:p to skerries) which offers both drink and food of a good standard... mmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

The nightlife must be better in Balbriggan, if you notice, many of Skerries pubs have been in sharp decline over the last few years. The Coast and O'Sheas (now closed) havent been getting the crowds on saturday nights that they used to get, whereas most Balbriggan pubs are still doing a decent trade on Saturday nights. ****nanigans and the Black raven used to be the 'in'places up until 7 or 8 years ago aswell, people gave up going to these places aswell. As someone who is from close by but not from either of the towns mentioned I would have an objective view on what types of people frequent the pubs in both towns, Skerries is frequented by wannabe types who are cliquey and arrogant. Balbriggan is more down to earth but can have a cliquey feel also, though people there are more likely to say hello once they know your from around.

Jesus Wept :eek:

Jesus Wept :eek:

Did you make it to Skerries yesterday?
    Sadly I didnt make it to either Balbriggan or Skerries---- swords - the orchard, not bad :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 irishpaul70

anyone want to hang out tonight, I live in the centre on Balbriggan and in the mood to meet and make a few friends.

Paul

anyone want to hang out tonight, I live in the centre on Balbriggan and in the mood to meet and make a few friends.
    John D's is your man there. They aren't fussy.
    cheridere wrote: »
    Did you make it to Skerries yesterday?
    Alas the SBP (Skerries Border Patrol) wouldn't let me in. Even with my mothers side of the family being from Loughshinny and Skerries they still didn't like the cut of my jib.

I will grow a mustache. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 irishpaul70

which jack D? isn't there 2 pub in balbriggan call jack D - remember I only been here a few weeks - want to ensure i go to the right pub LOL

Paul

Went to review the new Coast on Sunday night people. Oh dear... Oh dear oh dear. Not into it much at all. The flooring is nice enough, but the place feels sparse. They have also done that age old mistake of putting an alter for a bar. thats right! Church fittings. Straight from a church into the pub :( grrrr... I hate that. It's not gothic, its not cool. its just ecumenical. The middle bar in the coast used to be a favourite haunt of mine. A round bar so you could sit at the bar and see over the other side etc, see whats going on. Nice old world charm and a blazing fire. My god its crap now. bar at one side now. huge open space in the middle. white walls. dark floor. bare. big LCD screen over the bar :( oh dear. went in. had 1 beer. walked out. straight down to blue. much better.

Just for old times, at about 1140pm we went to O'Sheas in Balbriggan... LOL Such a throw back to the old days! The same old heads. Same old bar manager except now he is accompanied by 5 or 6 pre pubescent girl helpers. Ok well maybe I guess they were 18. just. The music was not loud enough for me though at a spritely 125dB. FFS. I could not hear myself think. but I suppsoe thats how the young'uns like it. It had been a year or more since I was there, but I still recongised about 50% of the peeps in there. good and bad. :D

Blue is still the designating watering hole for now. (pretty upset they "modernised" the coast so its just a bland copy of every other LCD over the bar sparten bare fancy lights no charm no atmosphere pub in the country):confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Noone seems to go to the Cellar here!

Its where me and a few friends go if bored, and not drinking outside or in a house (thank you cheers off license)

The staff are very freindly, all locals, the manager has gotten the lease from Gary Brown to turn the place into a rock bar. Megadeth, Metallica, Guns and Roses poster adorn the walls down here.

Theres a jukebox too to put on your own tunes, its a rip off, but if you get annoyed with whatever is on at the time, you know you can get your own :)

The pints are good, ive never had a bad one down there in a year, but not the nicest priced, but nothing is these days.

Shares the smoking garden with De Bruns, which i cant understand how anyone could say it awful! Nice evening the large one at the back of the building is excellent.

People are wonderfully friendly, you can get on with pretty much anyone and cause its a rock bar a lot of the scum are automatically weeded out :)

finally they also have live bands playing, some locals bands from balbriggan skerries drogheda like Black and Blues, Half Shot and the Hours. Found these to always be a great night for all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think your a little younger then the average poster to this thread;)

Though some day I will make it down there to check it out and reminisce about how in my day we could smoke in rock bars so they smelt better;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 itspropperbo

The new resturant / bar upstairs in the Harvest is cool. Kinda like a planet hollywood / eddie rockets / captain america's feel. Worth checking out. Grub is good too.

McCormacks/The White Hart Inn have applied for planning permission to totally revamp the place. The whole site right to the back will be developed with retail and a couple of apartments backing on Vauxhall Street. There will be a new bar and new lounge in a new locations on the site, with a pool room and a separate music room live music, a restaurant on the first floor and an outdoor terrace beer garden. The plans would indicate that the place would have to be closed for the work to be carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

The plans would indicate that the place would have to be closed for the work to be carried out.

Aaaargh!!!

McCormacks/The White Hart Inn have applied for planning permission to totally revamp the place. The whole site right to the back will be developed with retail and a couple of apartments backing on Vauxhall Street. There will be a new bar and new lounge in a new locations on the site, with a pool room and a separate music room live music, a restaurant on the first floor and an outdoor terrace beer garden. The plans would indicate that the place would have to be closed for the work to be carried out.

Mark will get his rock bar after all...... Hope it doesnt close completely

Can anyone confirm this(closing)

Jimdagym maybe?

Take a look at the plans and you'll see it's going to be hard for it to remain open.

• Advertisement

Take a look at the plans and you'll see it's going to be hard for it to remain open.

I just hope it doesnt turn into another Enniss.

Good before, brutal after

Advertisement