Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightlife in balbriggan?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

Mark will get his rock bar after all...... Hope it doesnt close completely

Can anyone confirm this(closing)

Jimdagym maybe?
    i think jims moved on to a new job,might still know though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I must make it to a session there before it closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

All a bit premature - they've only applied for planning!!!

Can't see them getting permission to add another story on the front, at least it would have to be set back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

A session is never premature, ;) anyway I presume the extra story should not really be much of an issue for the main street. If a couple of other recent developments are anything to go by!

I suppose you are right. One in particular is hideous to look at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I suppose you are right. One in particular is hideous to luke at.

Quit true and historicaly Balbriggan has always has 3 and 4 story buildings on the main street. Comiskeys gaff (were supervalu is now) for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 balbrigganseye

Slightly off topic , but is the €4 million levy placed on the aldi development on clonard hill ( basically killing the project in a time when balbriggan needs inward investment and jobs) by Fingal C.C. just more bad luck for the town

Slightly off topic , but is the €4 million levy placed on the aldi development on clonard hill ( basically killing the project in a time when balbriggan needs inward investment and jobs) by Fingal C.C. just more bad luke for the town

The curse of Clonard hill strikes again :o

Quit true and historicaly Balbriggan has always has 3 and 4 story buildings on the main street. Comiskeys gaff (were supervalu is now) for example.
    Surely you mean Cumisky!

What a glorious building that was, built with their own bricks from their own brick yard. Plenty of money in that family back in the day (and still now) with the brick yard, coal yard and gas making amoungst others.

• Advertisement

Surely you mean Cumisky!

What a glorious building that was, built with their own bricks from their own brick yard. Plenty of money in that family back in the day (and still now) with the brick yard, coal yard and gas making amoungst others.

Cumisky it is. I spent a lot of my childhood in and around that building, happy times....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Surely you mean Cumisky!

Surely you mean "amongst"! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

All a bit premature - they've only applied for planning!!!

Can't see them getting permission to add another story on the front, at least it would have to be set back.

Was in there last night speaking to one of the brothers - as he explained it to me the frontage will not be changing, the 4 storey part will be at the very back. From his description it will be v. nice - 2 bars, restaurant and games room.

And for those who enjoy a pint in there now, he assured me that during the construction works the bar (I'm a lounge man myself but you can't have everything!) will remain open.

And finally Jimdagym did finish up last Saturday week, started his new job the Monday after as far as I can recall. Surprised he hasn't been on Boards tho........

kcools wrote: »
    And for those who enjoy a pint in there now, he assured me that during the construction works the bar (I'm a lounge man myself but you can't have everything!) will remain open.

Good Good happy with that

Africa wrote: »
    Noone seems to go to the Cellar here!

Its where me and a few friends go if bored, and not drinking outside or in a house (thank you cheers off license)

The staff are very freindly, all locals, the manager has gotten the lease from Gary Brown to turn the place into a rock bar. Megadeth, Metallica, Guns and Roses poster adorn the walls down here.

Theres a jukebox too to put on your own tunes, its a rip off, but if you get annoyed with whatever is on at the time, you know you can get your own :)

The pints are good, ive never had a bad one down there in a year, but not the nicest priced, but nothing is these days.

Shares the smoking garden with De Bruns, which i cant understand how anyone could say it awful! Nice evening the large one at the back of the building is excellent.

People are wonderfully friendly, you can get on with pretty much anyone and cause its a rock bar a lot of the scum are automatically weeded out :)

finally they also have live bands playing, some locals bands from balbriggan skerries drogheda like Black and Blues, Half Shot and the Hours. Found these to always be a great night for all.

The Deans are playing Saturday night, should be good
    http://www.thedeans.ie/web/index.asp

sgarvan wrote: »
    Good Good happy with that
    I would love to know how the bar will remain open all the time. I'm sure FCC will have something to say about it in the conditions.

New plan attached, old bar in red. Bar is moving to the right and being made smaller, with around 50% of it's current footprint being retained.

My uncle was talking to one of the brothers the other day and they hope to keep some part of the pub open but looking at them plans he will do well to keep it open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cheridere

sgarvan wrote: »
    My uncle was talking to one of the brothers the other day and they hope to keep some part of the pub open but looking at them plans he will do well to keep it open.
    OPtimism. lets hope their dealings with FCC has a happy ending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rockbox

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I think your a little younger then the average poster to this thread;)

Though some day I will make it down there to check it out and reminisce about how in my day we could smoke in rock bars so they smelt better;P

Full circle now??.......the days of the Bell Hill,which was Ennis's originally, are coming back??? Megadeth and GnR posters downstairs.....excellent, but didn't they have that before when they opened that dam damp cellar, when it was the place to be in the 90s! Ah, the good auld days.....

Rockbox wrote: »
    Full circle now??.......the days of the Bell Hill,which was Ennis's originally, are coming back??? Megadeth and GnR posters downstairs.....excellent, but didn't they have that before when they opened that dam damp cellar, when it was the place to be in the 90s! Ah, the good auld days.....

Happy days........:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement