Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designing a plugin architecture in OSX

Options
  • 27-02-2007 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

I'm a Mac developer and I've been given the scary task of extracting quite a few elements out of our software and into plugins, so I'll need to develop a plugin architecture to handle this - presumably based on dynamic link libraries with some other stuff thrown in. I'll need to remove media content (graphics, to be precise), data structures (mostly arrays) and even whole classes.

Google doesn't seem to be throwing up any obvious starting points. We're using the Xcode IDE, the Cocoa API and a mixture of C, C++ and Objective C. I know Cocoa probably has tools to get me started with this but I'm a bit overwhelmed... anyone got any tips on where/how to start? E.g. what is the Mac equivalent of a .dll??

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement